Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Sony PSN Director Announces PlayStation Plus Pricing and Dates

Sponsored Links
    Yesterday at E3 2010 PlayStation Plus was officially announced, and today Sony's PlayStation Network Sr. Director Susan Panico has shared PlayStation Plus pricing and availability dates on the upcoming PSN service.

To quote: If you have been paying attention to all of the news coming out of E3, you probably heard that we introduced a new subscription service called PlayStation Plus, which will be available on June 29.

PlayStation Plus is a service that lives on top of the current PlayStation Network. So, while users will continue to have free access to PlayStation Network's unmatched and ever-growing suite of new and exclusive content, services, and community focused tools - just as they do today - PlayStation Plus subscribers will gain access to an exclusive set of features and content designed specifically for gamers.

When you subscribe to PlayStation Plus, you'll get free games and DLC (pretty sweet), frequent discounts on PlayStation Store, early invitations to select betas of popular games, and free monthly episodes of Qore - our high-definition, interactive gaming lifestyle show.

You'll also enjoy new functionality such as Full Game Trial where you can "try before you buy" - play a Blu-ray or PSN game for up to one hour and then you can buy the game, download it and keep your progress and trophies. Another cool feature is Automatic Downloads that will push select demos, game related videos, patches and firmware updates to your PS3 so you don't have to think about it.

Total it up and you'll get hundreds of dollars of value through the year with exclusive digital content from both our [Register or Login to view links] and our publishing partners.

And every month we'll be adding new content and continually adding new features, making PlayStation Plus an incredible value, time saver and ticket to front-of-the-line access.

At launch, PlayStation Plus will offer subscribers the full PlayStation Network game, WipEout HD, full game trial of inFAMOUS, PSP minis and PS One Classics such as [Register or Login to view links], Age of Zombies and Rally Cross, as well as premium avatars, themes and DLC levels and map packs.

Additionally, subscribers will always have access to their virtual library of free games for as long as they keep their PlayStation Plus subscription. In all, subscribers will get an unprecedented amount of value, access and convenience and, in the first month alone, will receive more than $50 worth of content.

PlayStation Plus will be available for a yearly fee of $49.99. We are also running a "limited time offer" giving subscribers 3 free bonus months for signing up for a yearly subscription - so those who
    sign up now will get 15-months of PlayStation Plus. Consumers also have the option to subscribe for 3 months for $17.99.

You can sign up on the PlayStation Store or learn more about the exclusive features at us.playstation.com.

Sony PSN Director Announces PlayStation Plus Pricing and Dates

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    "Additionally, subscribers will always have access to their virtual library of free games for as long as they keep their PlayStation Plus subscription." - UMH!

In another words - cancel and all your "free" games are up in the smoke, right? Clever. Thanks, but no thanks.

Also not really keen on "automatic" updates and patches either ...
    Last edited by GrandpaHomer; 06-16-2010 at 05:38 PM

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    $oNY !!! and why not buy our surround sound system and 3D TV while you are there.. hmm NOT!
    (while you are thinking bout the tv who says $oNY are not gonna remove the 3d with an update ... HA HA HA).
    Last edited by Mantagtj; 06-16-2010 at 06:47 PM

Another cool feature is Automatic Downloads that will push select demos, game related videos, patches and firmware updates to your PS3 so you don't have to think about it.
    LOL... like that is what WE want

I would give a detailed explanation of why this is terrible, but I'm far too tired for that so I'll just say "How about no".

wow just stop complaining everyone.. first of all sony has to make money some way so they offer all of this, we all know the ps3 isn't the best seller and sony lost some or alot of money, so they have to make it back somehow. Who cares if thats not what WE want.. if you were them would you really sit there and read millions of peoples letters of what THEY want?

Microsoft makes their money with live with 50 or 60 a year sony offers it free when if they wanted to could make you pay and then they make their money that way. I'm not trying to diss anyone or call anyone out if just stating it out..

A lot of complaining for something 100 percent optional. really people, if you don't want it, the great thing about Playstation is that you don't gotta buy it, playing games online is still free.

i think this is actually great now that the price is $50 for a year instead of $120 like it was being speculated. I agree with thefree games being free as long as you have the service, it keeps you as a subsciber. Also with the discounts in the PSN store, I am sure to getmy $50 back within a year, I buy a lot of content on there

Yea this is really not that outrageous. I would be willing to try a 3 month subscription to see if it is worth it. Like it was already stated you don't have to have this to play online and if you don't have this it doesn't hinder your ability to play so why are people complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by sftbdiablo View Post
    wow just stop complaining everyone.. first of all sony has to make money some way so they offer all of this, we all know the ps3 isn't the best seller and sony lost some or alot of money, so they have to make it back somehow. Who cares if thats not what WE want.. if you were them would you really sit there and read millions of peoples letters of what THEY want?

Microsoft makes their money with live with 50 or 60 a year sony offers it free when if they wanted to could make you pay and then they make their money that way. I'm not trying to diss anyone or call anyone out if just stating it out..
    I think its good for the start, but some people have some rather high and unrealistic expectations.

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News