Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sony: PS4 Likely to Arrive After Next-Gen XBox and Nintendo

Recently SCE boss Shuhei Yoshida revealed that PS3 Devs will help build Sony's PlayStation 4 console, and today in an interview with http://www.develop-online.net/news/35315/Sony-Watch-our-rivals-go-next-gen-first he expanded stating that the PS4 is likely to arrive after the next-generation XBox and Nintendo consoles.

From the interview, to quote: "Looking from the outside, it was Microsoft that released the first of this generation of consoles. Naturally, in my opinion, Microsoft will make the first move.

Or, because Nintendo's approach was not to upgrade much on its basic hardware - Wii doesn't even support HD resolution - so they might be the first to move.

Probably the watch should be on these companies, in my opinion. Because PS3 was later than Xbox, and is more powerful, so it has a longer lifespan."

More PlayStation 3 News...

if sony makes the last move at least I know i am not gonna get a wii? or a xbox720? and the ps4 will be my prize winner though I will LOL if with that one they have ps3, ps2, ps1 backwards compatibility then I would literally JIZZ all over myself and throughout that day and when I hook it up it would be liking getting attacked by 20 chicks! heh SORRY.

Its good that they aren't rushing the PS4, I don't mind waiting as long as I have to, I just want them to release it when they feel right, and when they know its ready, wasn't the PS3 rushed at the end to get it released before the 360?

360 was rushed and rreleased a year before wii and ps3, thus all the RROD issues.

Quote Originally Posted by knight0fdragon View Post
    360 was rushed and rreleased a year before wii and ps3, thus all the RROD issues.
    Really? Oh, I have goldfish memory, I thought they rushed the PS3 in some way, well as long as they take their time with the PS4 i'll be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by danzorezno View Post
    Really? Oh, I have goldfish memory, I thought they rushed the PS3 in some way, well as long as they take their time with the PS4 i'll be happy.
    PS3 was just not the same as it was supposed to be (2 HDMI outputs, 3 ethernet ports and 6 USB ports). This was changed, I guess, to reduce costs.. And frankly, those features looked useless to me.. 3 ethernet ports lol?

Anyways. the PS3 still has a huge lifespan and is much more future-proof than any other console!

What would ya need 3 Ethernet ports for, and 2 HDMI's? I don't get that, didn't they also take out a crap load of stuff
    when the slim came along too?

I'm into PS3 and all but i just don't know tech details and such lol

Quote Originally Posted by daveribz View Post
    PS3 was just not the same as it was supposed to be (2 HDMI outputs, 3 ethernet ports and 6 USB ports). This was changed, I guess, to reduce costs.. And frankly, those features looked useless to me.. 3 ethernet ports lol?
    wasn't it it rumored pre release the ps3 would be able to run on two different HD televisions? that would of been awesome, but anyways.

I would expect nintendo to release something first to address the lack of HD support. I'm just wondering if the next playstation will even have disc support. PSN seems to be the way of the future and far cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by GooeyFinger View Post
    wasn't it it rumored pre release the ps3 would be able to run on two different HD televisions? that would of been awesome, but anyways.

I would expect nintendo to release something first to address the lack of HD support. I'm just wondering if the next playstation will even have disc support. PSN seems to be the way of the future and far cheaper.
    Run on two different HD TV's!? Now that would've been brilliant! You could play two player with your mates without having to split the screen! Why didn't they keep it in! Hopefully they do it for PS4.

However I really hope it has disc support, some people don't have internet, or wireless internet and would prefer to buy it in the store, they should have Disc releases and PSN releases, like with the PSP Go, they should release games on the PSN,
    on UMD and when you buy the UMD it comes with memory stick with the game on it, this would allow PSP and PSP Go users
    to buy it online and in the store no matter what hardware you use!
    Last edited by danzorezno; 07-09-2010 at 01:01 PM

Quote Originally Posted by GooeyFinger View Post

Yeah, that's why the "original" (first hardware) had 2 HDMI outputs. Maybe the ethernet ports were more for OtherOS clustering. Cool, but who has two HD TV's or any HDMI screen hanging around in their house? Lol, playing with two screens alone would look extremely geeky. I still think it's useless for end users, but they could've made some of those models for electronic shops, like a demonstration mode.

Maybe the RSX wasn't capable enough of outputting 2 1080p signals.
    Last edited by daveribz; 07-09-2010 at 02:02 PM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast