Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by daveribz View Post
    PS3 was just not the same as it was supposed to be (2 HDMI outputs, 3 ethernet ports and 6 USB ports). This was changed, I guess, to reduce costs.. And frankly, those features looked useless to me.. 3 ethernet ports lol?

Anyways. the PS3 still has a huge lifespan and is much more future-proof than any other console!
    i remeber hearing rumors the ps3 would act as a router. possibly what the other ethernets were for.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    While some people may like their games being a digital download, I HIGHLY PREFER my game being a disc ANY DAY. There are a couple of games that I wish were disc-based games that were sold in store in a game case only holding a voucher code inside for downloading (Marvel vs Capcom 2). I like the idea of my game purchase being a physical disc when I walk out the store with no strings attached. I agree with danzorezno about Sony supporting both digital download & disc on PS4.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by croft72 View Post
    I like the idea of my game purchase being a physical disc when I walk out the store with no strings attached. I agree with danzorezno about Sony supporting both digital download & disc on PS4.
    Thanks Croft! I do also have a fascination with physical copies of stuff, love collecting CD's, Games, DVD's, Blu Reay's etc.
    I just love having the official cover booklet and everything that comes with it, it's stupid releasing a game case with a voucher only :S

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I remember reading somewhere something about Sony developing with Toshiba a 1TB SSD. maybe it's a far fetched guess. but, why not. maybe Sony will use it for it's next gen.

Although I love the round shape of storage media. but the reading speed of SSD and ONE TERA BYTE!!!.

oh i just found this: [Register or Login to view links]
    Last edited by y2kkingboy; 07-09-2010 at 07:01 PM

From what I see going on, the PS4 life will be much different than that of the PS3. Since the creation will greatly influenced by the Devs, the system will be more prepared than the PS3 was. It is a great system, and the whole RROD issue was a mess, but being released a year prior to the PS3, and being a much easier platform to program for, the 360 has had more success IMO.

However, including the Devs into the next gen console will allow them to have an understanding of the procedure involved in creating content, which will then allow them to strategize for the release of said content.

This could greatly influence the future consecutive console war that will erupt, and might even favor a much more understood and developed, powerful platform if the PS3 is any indicator.

The developers being involed will make it much easier and especially quicker to create and release games won't it?

i just hope sony is only letting exclusive developers help with the ps4. i'd hate to see a multi-platform developer "leak" secrets/capabilities to either m$ or nintendo.

Quote Originally Posted by inginear View Post
    i just hope sony is only letting exclusive developers help with the ps4. i'd hate to see a multi-platform developer "leak" secrets/capabilities to either m$ or nintendo.
    I think as much as the involment of devs is a good idea, I really can see some type of info or tech getting leak to others :S

Ah well we shall see.

In the meantime a Sony patent has revealed that they will use external processors to increase the power of the PS3 so there will be no need for a PS4. I think it's a good thing because I won't need to buy a new console, only a processor and that will be cheaper. But Sony will definitely release a PS4 because of the money they'd earn. But there is still plenty of time to that event. So I'm waiting

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News