Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Sony PS4 Console in Development, AMD Building Graphics Tech?

A few months back Sony stated that PlayStation 4 is expected to arrive with rival next-generation consoles, and today http://www.forbes.com/sites/briancaulfield/2012/02/22/sony-has-new-console-in-the-works-amd-building-graphics/ reports that PS4 is in development with AMD rumored to be building the system's graphics technology.

To quote: "Sony is working on an as-yet-unannounced new gaming console, former AMD employees say, and the processor designer may play a key role in the new product.

AMD’s graphics technology is already used in Microsoft's XBox 360 console. However, Sony’s PlayStation 3 - introduced in 2006 - relies on graphics technology from Nvidia.

AMD declined to comment on the project. Sony Chief Transformation Officer George Bailey also declined to discuss Sony’s new console, or even acknowledge its existence.

However, at AMD's analyst day last month, AMD Chief Financial Officer Thomas Seifert identified gaming as one of several trends that will drive revenue growth at AMD in 2012."

Sony PS4 Console in Development, AMD Building Graphics Tech?

More PlayStation 3 News...

i can't wait for the ps4. imagine how good it will be, if they get it all 100% right it will be awesome. i prefer nvidia though not that i really know.. LOL

I don't see the PS4 getting released anytime soon, to be honest I can imagine the graphics to be much better than the graphics on the PS3 either.

Ah, PS4... Who know that we don't use TV anymore instead use virtual Real-Time 3D Glasses

yeah if you look at the ps3 vs a top gaming computer right now it makes the ps3 look like ps2 at best. the next gen will be amazing but i hope they can somehow "future proof" it with upgradable graphics and ram etc.

Yeah, there is a noticeable differences it graphics compared to a top gaming PC and a PS3, but it isn't really that much better. The PS4 can go 2 ways, a PS3 with better graphics or a whole new system where they do everything better this time (like including a damn HDMI cable ).

Hahaha, I still remember when I search all electronic store just for that cable At that time I didn't even know what HDMI cable is

Say, do you think they will use PSN again? (not free base console)

Yeah, I don't think they're going to make you pay for PSN/SEN. If they do it will probably force a couple of consumers to buy an Xbox and pay for a much better online service. One thing that will make the PS4 worth it is if it can play PS1, PS2 and PS3 games flawlessly, and also include cheap PSP and maybe PS Vita minis on the PSN store.

i hope it has bc also for ps 1 2 n 3 .. bf3 is amazing on pc running full capabilities. i love it on ps3 but its a different game. you gotta see that the ps3 is old now in terms of power. i wish they make ps4 upgradable so it doesn't become obsolete.. the differnce between pc n ps3 is massive imo. lets just hope its better than we can hope for, and no ylod..

If it can store games on the HDD I'm in.. + better Internet browser.. (too many crashes)
    Last edited by young blade; 02-23-2012 at 07:21 AM

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast