Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Well benchmarks should be done with a beastly CPU and almost always are. It's all about what the GPU can do assuming there is nothing in the way.

It's not like the 1GB is entirely for textures, that's absolutely all the GPU has to work with, everything else including any form of AA takes memory as well. The last time I cranked up the textures in a game it took almost 2GB.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I'd like to think they will have a good amount of system memory to feed off of.

I just hope that this rumor isn't true. I don't expect the 4k resolution thing to be anywhere near accurate but, this would be more than a little disappointing.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    System memory and video memory are used for different tasks and are generally not shared which is why the PS3 was limited. Sharing any of the system memory would pose issues considering it's pretty much always slower than VRAM. The 360 used GDDR3, the VRAM, for the entire system.

Aye.

I don't think the amount of memory on the GPU is so much the issue as the card itself.

Sponsored Links

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News