Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Sony: PS4 to Arrive with Next-Gen Consoles from Competitors

Sponsored Links
    Contrary to previous reports, PlayStation Europe CEO Jim Ryan recently stated to [Register or Login to view links] that PS4 will probably arrive at the same time as Next-Gen XBox and Nintendo consoles.

To quote: "I think we would consider it undesirable to be significantly later than the competition [with the next PlayStation]."

He also noted, however, that there is still a lot of life left in the PS3 and explained:

"If you look at PlayStation 2, now in excess of 150m units installed globally, a huge majority of that was done at price points of 120 or lower.

We've only just hit 199 in the UK [with the PS3] so clearly there's a considerable untapped part of the market there."

Is anyone ready for a potential PS4 release as early as 2012?

Sony: PS4 to Arrive with Next-Gen Consoles from Competitors

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I love the PS4 concept picture. I don't know which "next-gen" console I'm going to get. I've stuck with Sony's Playstation for quite a while now but I might consider the new Xbox. But it's too early to decide since neither Microsoft or Sony have announced anything about the PS4 or Xbox 720.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I still think 2012 will be too early for a PS4 launch though, especially with Sony launching PS Vita then in the US and Europe they will have their hands full I imagine. Up to now, I always anticipated the PlayStation 4 will arrive no sooner than 2014 (if not later) but we'll see heh!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I think it's better if PS4 will be released nearly same time of a new generation of xbox, or sony will be digged soon.

If you consider we will pay uber cool games the same price of ps3 ones, who the hell will be anymore interested to pay the same game's price for some trash with lower resolution, half graphic quality on ps3? If ps4 will be released too late, noone will wait it, nor developer will be interested. Sony ps3- new xbox M$ could be a funny comparison, one day. Wake up, Sony Gogogo quickly!

The PS3 was released about a year after the 360 was released and it still sold around 55 million units, so did the the 360. I think having the cheapest console will sell the most, look at the Wii for example.

Nice PR feed- a comment in passing.

What's really exciting is a concrete specs sheet, then the inevitable Sony dartboard as to which features get removed and when.

Not really a meaningful comment at all, not sure why so many sites are even mentioning it. Also note: despite the PS3 being a year younger than the 360 it's only a little over 2 million units apart from the sales numbers of the 360.

I'm interest in their storage, are they using large hdd capacity or fast ssd or maybe both (upgrade able ) and i hope it have bigger ram than ps3.

A 2012 release date would mean that it took square-enix the entire life of ps3 to release FFv13, lazy butts. Well not exactly I'm sure there would be 2-4 years of overlap like with the ps2/ps3.

Quote Originally Posted by HeyManHRU View Post
    The PS3 was released about a year after the 360 was released and it still sold around 55 million units, so did the the 360.
    This time will be different. New xbox's price will be like a PSVITA, what about PS4?

I think having the cheapest console will sell the most, look at the Wii for example.
    Yep, exactly. Like i said, noone will be interested on a 800$ PS4, expecially if late, when all of use are more than enjoying new ubercool games on the new xbox

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News