Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Well I do hope that the PS4 has a lower failure rate than the PS3. It seems like everyone I know who has a fat PS3 got or has the YLOD.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I would expect that they learned their lesson with the ylod, they and Microsoft were able to correct it in hardware revisions on the current gen.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Well this generation was a large step towards the capability of PCs (of the time). The more advanced something becomes the more things can go wrong... and it was inevitable that both MS and Sony would stinge out on cooling for the first generation of consoles that heavily needed it.

I expect them to do a bare minimum job with the next generation which will hopefully keep the failure rate within the first year under 5%. The best case scenario would be if they used a more standard design so the heatsink/fan could be changed with some small modifications, but that's very unlikely.
    Last edited by Neo Cyrus; 11-28-2011 at 09:00 PM

i hope not, because the games developer don't use the maximum power of the ps3, maybe in 5-10 years. and i pay´d to much for the ps3 and don´t want to buy a new ps again (next year) for maybe 600 euro. they can develop it but i hope they will not sell it in the next five years.

I guess you didn't read what I had written earlier. The whole "maximum power" of the PS3 not being used is a serious misconception, people take it all too literally. What is meant by that (by those who understand what they are saying and are just saying it that way to be weasels) is that games could POSSIBLY be coded more efficiently to get better results with the resources of the PS3.

The PS3 has be maxed out since launch day. Look at any of the launch titles, they lag, not because they don't use what is available (nothing works like that unless artificially limited), but because they are already using everything available and there isn't enough. A good example would be Genji, a game made mainly to be a graphical display to show where the PS3 stands above the previous generation yet it lagged horribly and heated the PS3 a lot because of the stress it put on the Cell and RSX.

But make no mistake, sure enough there are some games that are coded like trash which make criminally poor use (if any at all) of the PS3's resources. I'm looking at you Sega and Platinum Games, you shameless people. Yes I'm once again talking about the PS3 version of Bayonetta which I'm all but certain didn't use the Cell's SPUs and was just a disgusting train-wreck excuse for a port.

To the point: People need to get it through their heads that the PS3 is not some magical super computer that can survive the aeons. Even with every effort possible made to code things as efficiently as possible developers are having a nightmare of a time even sustaining 30 frames per second despite cutting every corner they can such as resolution and filtering. People just don't understand technology becomes blatantly outdated in a single year, you can't seriously expect a console, or anything for that matter, to hold up for 5 years.

I just read it over and ARRGGHH, poorly written. I say at one point nothing would not make use of the resources unless artificially limited then go on later talking about a game that doesn't use SPUs. Let me try to say that again to be more clear, nothing these days coded to use something would fail to use what is necessary unless artificially limited, hence maxes out what is available. Something not being coded to use the SPUs (or whatever) is an entirely different story.
    Last edited by Neo Cyrus; 12-01-2011 at 02:32 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

look at a high end gaming pc compared to a ps3.. i know what i'd prefer.. makes ps3 look like ps1.. LOL

Sponsored Links

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News