Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I can only speak for myself but since Sony thinks keeping everyone personal information with security equivalent of writing on a napkin and servers that could be bought at a garage sale. I feel so good every time i hit up filestube and download free games all day expect to see ps4 faster because theirs no motivation for people to still pay for games.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Sorry $ony but I will not be LEASING your PS4 any time soon!

I shall only buy your PS4 when it is hacked thereby being able to own the device and do whatever I see fit with it! Until it is done so I will be playing on my currently hacked and personally owned PS3, and probably shall be buying the next Xbox console instead.

Merry Xmas from an ex-fan.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by bigo93 View Post
    Sorry $ony but I will not be LEASING
    Lol

There have been rumors for over a year now of a new Xbox being in the works. Of course its just rumors.

But to be honest, i don't think MS waited the rumors to start building the new console. If you want my opinion they've been working on it for a few years now (developing the materials, architecture, etc... doesn't take 6 months).

And on its side Sony did the same, i even suspect they started building the PS4 when the PS3 came out (they like to introduce complicated architectures).

In my opinion 2013 is the deadline. I suspect something will be announced during 2012 (maybe E3 or TGS). The Xbox is getting old.
    I'm not saying the console will hit the market in 2012, but being announced at least. 2013 is pretty realistic considering the age of the Xbox 360.
    Last edited by CS67700; 11-27-2011 at 08:33 PM

Regardless, I hope the current gen consoles make it to the decade point before they are EOL. Well minus Wii, which is already on the way out.

Quote Originally Posted by saviour07 View Post
    As for processing power, the PS3 is already deemed a supercomputer (especially when linked with other PS3's) because of the Cell architecture, but that has already been announced as dead by IBM/Sony (source: trustedreviews.com/news/IBM-Cancels-PS3-s-Cell-Processor).

So my thoughts on that are:
    - Sony will use an existing CPU technology rather than spend a lot of money designing a new CPU.
    - Design the PS4 around "normal" game development - passing most of the work to the actual GPU rather than using the CPU, like the PS3 currently does.
    - Use multiple CPU's but not as many as 7/8.

The RSX is a powerful chip, but by the next PS release will be outdated.
    I think in this area it is anyone's guess as to whether:
    - they will remain with the RSX
    - use an updated version
    - or use something else entirely.
    Personally I believe they will use an updated version of the RSX, building on what knowledge developers have gained from the PS3.
    I guess I'll go in order. As far as overall processing power goes the entire PS3 is easily outpowered by a single piece of hardware now and has been for a long time. The whole super computer exaggeration is equally as silly as calling a spark from a static shock a lightning storm. You could have a giant room packed with PS3s linked together to form a super computer and it still wouldn't come anywhere close to proper supercomputers. For anyone who doesn't know, yes that's what a supercomputer is, a ton of computers linked together.

- Yes Sony could use an updated Cell and I wouldn't be surprised considering they bought Toshiba's Cell manufacturing plant.
    - This would be a good idea but Sony don't like paying for the expense of high end GPUs.
    - You mean multiple cores? The Cell didn't have multiple cores, it had a single one and 8 vector units. 1 disabled, 1 reserved.

The RSX is a modified/crippled GTX 7800. It's absolutely ancient history by computer standards. They would have no reason to use an 'updated' version of that since that technology and it's successors have been replaced many times over. There were 8800/9800, GTX 280, GTX 480 and GTX 580 series. If Sony do decide to go with nVidia whatever the PS3 uses will be based on the 680 or 780 series.

Er, I meant whatever the PS4 uses.
    Last edited by Neo Cyrus; 11-28-2011 at 03:27 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

if the ps4 has full b/c with ps, ps2, and ps3 then it will be a strong challenger for my next-gen console purchase. as far as resolution, i'd be happy with 5k (5120x2700) and games running no slower than 60fps at any point during play.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomy View Post
    If you consider we will pay uber cool games the same price of ps3 ones, who the hell will be anymore interested to pay the same game's price for some trash with lower resolution, half graphic quality on ps3?
    Frankly - I'm yet to see a PS3 game running on a full HD (1920x1080P/60) NATIVE resolution and not all this current upscaled crap

That's a problem of lazy programmers.

I would be surprised if they went with nVidia again, nVidia's cards eat power.

Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News