Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Yeah we might get a reveal but there is no chance of a successor to either the 360 or PS3 making it to retail (Actually launching) before 2013.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i remember them saying i will be launched for xmas 2012.. november or something.. guess time will tell. i wish it would hurry up but only if its fully the best it can be and fully and extensively tested, unlike launch ps3.. LOL ylod crap.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Yep, it's supposed a few days after TGS 2012, with official launch and games Mine mine mine

I'm with barrybarryk on this one - there is the possibility of an Xbox successor being revealed at TGS 2012, but definitely not a chance of an actual release until after 2013.

As far as the PS4 goes, my theory is that it will arrive at the very earliest Christmas 2013 but more likely it will be about July 2014.

As for processing power, the PS3 is already deemed a supercomputer (especially when linked with other PS3's) because of the Cell architecture, but that has already been announced as dead by IBM/Sony (source: trustedreviews.com/news/IBM-Cancels-PS3-s-Cell-Processor).

So my thoughts on that are:
    - Sony will use an existing CPU technology rather than spend a lot of money designing a new CPU.
    - Design the PS4 around "normal" game development - passing most of the work to the actual GPU rather than using the CPU, like the PS3 currently does.
    - Use multiple CPU's but not as many as 7/8.

The RSX is a powerful chip, but by the next PS release will be outdated.
    I think in this area it is anyone's guess as to whether:
    - they will remain with the RSX
    - use an updated version
    - or use something else entirely.
    Personally I believe they will use an updated version of the RSX, building on what knowledge developers have gained from the PS3.

The PlayStation Suite which has been announced for the Vita will also be powering the new PSN and is developed in C#, which could be a hint to what Sony plan to do for the PS4 in terms of development.
    C# over PPC.

As for my actual choice of PS4 or Xbox720, I am definitely waiting 18 months into the release of both consoles before making a decision.

Especially since I will still have my PS3 to keep me going!

Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomy View Post
    Yep, it's supposed a few days after TGS 2012, with official launch and games Mine mine mine
    Lol thats complete nonsense, a launch days after the reveal? with games? made by who? the games fairy.

It takes months to organise and publicise a consoles launch not days, not to mention a minimum of 2 years to actually make some games which is even more doubtful because anytime anyone from microsoft talks about the next xbox they flat out say it isn't coming soon and they're sticking to their 10 year plan. It's just fan boys and the media making the other rubbish up.

Yea.. so boring "it's supposed" doesn't means nothing in english, seems. Nor they have 1 year for prepare something. And maybe in a similar way a developer do xbox360 games, with something different, but basically what makes xbox360 programming so easy and fast. Zzzz.

I hope, ok?
    Last edited by Bartholomy; 11-27-2011 at 11:51 AM

I just hope its fully backwards compatible ps1, 2 and 3 not like that half ass bullshit they pulled with the ps3

ps1 and 2, uhm, i would not be so sure Looking what happened to ps3 slim

360 programming isn't easy or fast, it takes around 2 years to make a 360 game, longer for lots.

Do you have a source for 'it's supposed' 2012 launch or are you just making it up? I doubt any reputable source would even suggest a 360 successor within a year let alone a few months.

I'm done with this guy, gosh.

Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News