Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Sony PS3 System Software Update v4.31 Incoming, Details Arrive

Sponsored Links
    It was just a week ago since the previous PlayStation 3 System Software update arrived, but today Tempest_Fire of Sony PlayStation Support has announced that PS3 System Software Update v4.31 is incoming tonight with details below!

Download: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] by Team Siracide / [Register or Login to view links] by Soon (No Password) / [Register or Login to view links] (Mirror - Password: consolecrunch) / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] (Mirror) / [Register or Login to view links] (Mirror #2) / [Register or Login to view links] (Mirror #3) / [Register or Login to view links] (Mirror #4) / [Register or Login to view links] by nathan_r32_69 / PS3 Firmware 4.31 Keys / [Register or Login to view links] by unknown / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] by SammyG0080 (aka str8b1t) / [Register or Login to view links] by XxZer0ModZxX (via RedDot-3ND7355 from xxzer0modzxx.com/t1273-core_os-431-decryptedencrypted-by-xxzer0modzxx#9099) / [Register or Login to view links] from SammyG0080 / PS3 4.31 Firmware Keys by MARKUS++

To quote: Hi everyone, I'm posting this message to inform you that there will be a minor firmware update (v.4.31) released on the evening of Monday, October 29th.

There will not be PlayStation Network maintenance during this time; online play and access to apps will not be affected during the release of this update.

This is not a mandatory update. However, we suggest you keep your systems updated with the latest firmware, as these updates further improve overall system stability and help provide you with the best online entertainment experience possible.

To update to v.4.31, select Settings from your Xross Media Bar (XMB) > System Update > Update via Internet and then follow the on-screen instructions.

More information about PlayStation system updates can be found here: [Register or Login to view links]

Tempest_Fire
    Digital Platforms Community Manager
    Sony Computer Entertainment America

From their [Register or Login to view links]: "If you've had issues with Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD, download the optional PS3 software update (v.4.31)"

From afiser on the PS3 Keys posted above: This is as simple as putting the bootldr keys (what you all call the lv0 keys released last week) in the scetool data/keys file and running scetool.exe -d lv0 lv0.elf

From zadow28: Found some interesting, when debugging lv1.elf from 4.31:

[Register or Login to view code]

Only shows when debugging.. well thats where i'm at so far regards.

Dumps/Debug off core_os/Devflash files. 4.++

Have done some experimenting. Found out that you can actuelly run the self/sprx (ppc)

From core_os, and Devflash.. from "official" debugger,and dump them. You have to set up an fake Param.sfo, so the debugger thinks its an executable.. but the result is quite amazing. You really get an better overview, since you can see al the files it communicates with.

I use Ida pro 64 PPC proccesser to analyze, the dump. Then use Kakarotos scrips analyze_sprx.idc. Set new TOC, when the script tell you and reanalyze.

The dump is 4mb packed but 250 mb unpacked. I'll give an more deeper, TUT when i have the time. Works on all files so far i tested PPC ones, so all expect the spu files. Tested vsh.self/mcore.self/psp_emu.self plus many more.

Well here is the dump, for BDVD.SELF: [Register or Login to view links]

Off course you can debug all the files, and the embedded spu before dumping.

Finally, from Team Siracide comes [Register or Login to view links] with details below, as follows:

[Register or Login to view code]

Sony PS3 System Software Update v4.31 Incoming, Details Arrive

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    From that forum, it isn't actually useless if you thought so and play MHP 3rd HD

"If you've had issues with Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD, download the optional PS3 software update (v.4.31)"

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    sony was aware about the new cfw 4.30 hehehhe ps3 scene rocks

This is unlikely related to the recent CFW.

If they release an update related to blocking CFW, you can be sure it will be a mandatory update.

Indeed, and from what I read because this isn't mandatory at this time the PSN passphrase won't likely be changed/updated for it either.

sony suck. now sony vs hacker as cat vs mice. ha ha. this isn't mandatory they lie at all. if you dont update you can't play PSN. that's it
    Last edited by thien; 10-30-2012 at 03:17 AM

Arrow

PS3 Firmware 4.31 is now live, and I have added the download links to the main article also for those who wish to examine it!

I think Sony is just showing that how insecure they are now. lol

I can't find update 4.31 on Sony's site?

They usually update it there the following day, even though the PS3 updates hit PlayStation 3 consoles the night before.

We get our updates from Sony's PS3 Updater List links directly:

US: [Register or Login to view links]
    EU: [Register or Login to view links]

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News