Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by GuiPoM View Post
    A screen caption will not be helpful at all, because I am French, but I tried you patch, and the error I get could be translated into:

"PS3 Remote Play cannot be used in this screen mode. PS3 Remote Play application will now be closed".

I can't tell you if this means you patch does not work at all, or does not work on my computer, but it fails to launch.

My configuration is Windows 7 x60 Home Premium Edition

Anyway, thanks for sharing the patch
    Same error here. Tried compatibility settings with no helpful results. Reinstalled, etc.

Tried on an Alienware m15x, running Windows Ultimate x64.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Tried the patch located @ http://www.ps3news.com/forums/attach...chmentid=20614 and I have my aspire one remote controlling my PS3 right now!

Sponsored Links

Arrow

Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by GuiPoM View Post
    A screen caption will not be helpful at all, because I am French, but I tried you patch, and the error I get could be translated into:

"PS3 Remote Play cannot be used in this screen mode. PS3 Remote Play application will now be closed".

I can't tell you if this means you patch does not work at all, or does not work on my computer, but it fails to launch.

My configuration is Windows 7 x60 Home Premium Edition

Anyway, thanks for sharing the patch
    Quote Originally Posted by strifesfate View Post
    Same error here. Tried compatibility settings with no helpful results. Reinstalled, etc.

Tried on an Alienware m15x, running Windows Ultimate x64.

Any ideas?
    Changing my monitor resolution fixed this error.

Making it work on Vista by ned.smitty:

For those wanting to run this on Windows Vista, it's a pretty simple thing to do as I've managed to stream line my original updates to a minimum and figured it simplest to just say how to get it working instead of distributing the files, since the changes are so minimal.

After installing the application according to NTAuthority's instructions on Windows Vista, you'll see the following error:

The procedure entry point GetGestureInfo could not be located in the dynamic link library USER32.dll.

To get around this you'll need a couple of tools to get it working.
    • A Hex Editor e.g. HxD editor ([Register or Login to view links])
    • aser32.dll from teraapi's user32hooking project "USER32.dll Hooking DLL (Disable Gesture API)" available on: [Register or Login to view links]

Read more about teraapi's user32hooking project here: [Register or Login to view links]

Patch procedure:

1. Follow the NTAuthority's instructions in the readme file in patch package
    2. Install HxD Hex Editor
    3. Run HxD as Administrator
    4. Open the file: "%programfiles%\Sony\Remote Play with PlayStation 3\UFCore.dll"
    or "%programfiles(x86)%\Sony\Remote Play with PlayStation 3\UFCore.dll" on 64-bit windows.
    5. Find the string "USER32" (Find -> Ctrl-F)
    6. The text USER32 should be visible. Change to USER32 to ASER32. (Note by default the text is overwritten, so just place the cursor before the U in USER32 and press A.)

7. Save the file UFCore.dll and exit HxD.
    8. Download the file aser32.dll from [Register or Login to view links] and save to "%programfiles%\Sony\Remote Play with PlayStation 3" (or "%programfiles(x86)%\Sony\Remote Play with PlayStation 3" for 64-bit windows)
    9. Run "Remote Play with Playstation 3". If all goes well it should start the registration procedure.

Note: if you get the error:
    Remote Play with Playstation 3 cannot be used in this screen mode. Remote Play with Playstation 3 will quit.

Change your screen resolution and try again. e.g. 1920x1200 is unsupported for whatever reason, 1920x1080 is ok though...
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

modificationc.jpg   remoteplay.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Banned User
    Finally The VRPPatch works.

Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News