Originally Posted by GuiPoM
Originally Posted by strifesfate
Changing my monitor resolution fixed this error.
Making it work on Vista by ned.smitty
For those wanting to run this on Windows Vista, it's a pretty simple thing to do as I've managed to stream line my original updates to a minimum and figured it simplest to just say how to get it working instead of distributing the files, since the changes are so minimal.
After installing the application according to NTAuthority's instructions on Windows Vista, you'll see the following error: The procedure entry point GetGestureInfo could not be located in the dynamic link library USER32.dll.
To get around this you'll need a couple of tools to get it working.
Read more about teraapi's user32hooking project here: http://code.google.com/p/user32hooking
1. Follow the NTAuthority's instructions in the readme file in patch package
2. Install HxD Hex Editor
3. Run HxD as Administrator
4. Open the file: "%programfiles%\Sony\Remote Play with PlayStation 3\UFCore.dll"
or "%programfiles(x86)%\Sony\Remote Play with PlayStation 3\UFCore.dll" on 64-bit windows.
5. Find the string "USER32" (Find -> Ctrl-F)
6. The text USER32 should be visible. Change to USER32 to ASER32. (Note by default the text is overwritten, so just place the cursor before the U in USER32 and press A.)
7. Save the file UFCore.dll and exit HxD.
8. Download the file aser32.dll from http://code.google.com/p/user32hooki...ame=aser32.dll
and save to "%programfiles%\Sony\Remote Play with PlayStation 3" (or "%programfiles(x86)%\Sony\Remote Play with PlayStation 3" for 64-bit windows)
9. Run "Remote Play with Playstation 3". If all goes well it should start the registration procedure.
Note: if you get the error: Remote Play with Playstation 3 cannot be used in this screen mode. Remote Play with Playstation 3 will quit.
Change your screen resolution and try again. e.g. 1920x1200 is unsupported for whatever reason, 1920x1080 is ok though...