Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sony PlayStation Plus Updates for December 7 to 14th Detailed

Sponsored Links
    Today Sony's Ross McGrath of the PlayStation Store Team has detailed the PS Plus updates that will be hitting the PSN store from December 7 to the 14th for subscribers, as follows:

December comes to end the year and a PlayStation Plus content refresh is in order. This update will take place on Wednesday, 7th December and you'll have the opportunity to grab all the current content until then.

This month we have Tomb Raider: Underworld as our main title included with your subscription. In an ancient ruin on the floor of the Mediterranean Sea, Lara Croft uncovers proof of the Norse underworld and Thor's mythical hammer.

As she attempts to unravel the secrets behind these myths, Lara's perilous journey leads her toward a forgotten power that, if unleashed, could lay waste to all civilization. Serious business, no?

Anyway, while you're raiding tombs in a low-cut top, make sure you also check out your other offers this month, including Cool Boarders for PSone, and your requisite minis. From the 14th December you'll also be able to grab a copy of Marvel Pinball from Zen Studios at no extra cost. If flippers are your thing and you like the game, we've also secured 50% off the first two DLC packs for you too.

Speaking of DLC - the Deadline DLC Pack for Split/Second: Velocity is included at no extra cost in your Plus subscription this month. Just in case you don't already own the criminally underrated Split/Second, we've also got 50% off the digital version available from the Store throughout December.

Alongside the other bits and pieces this month, we've also got a Goldeneye 007: Reloaded demo for you a week before it hits the rest of the Store on the 14th, so enjoy your early playtest of Bond's latest PS3 outing.

Finally, from this week we're implementing a new category in Plus which brings us in line with SCEA - we'll be offering a selection of Full Game Title trials, starting with around 20 titles available on the Store which we'll expand as time goes on. As usual, you'll have an hour to try out each title and then you'll have the option to unlock the full game if you want to keep playing.

That's all for now, you might find a few extra bits and pieces come to light throughout the month - don't forget that if you're a new subscriber to take advantage of the '12 Gifts of Christmas' with a new title from the Plus back catalogue available every 48 hours. What's more, keep an eye on the main Store's '12 Deals of Christmas' promotion, with additional discounts available for Plus members throughout the month. Bye for now!

PlayStation Plus Content

Content and offers available until January 4th 2012 unless otherwise stated:

From December 7th:

• Tomb Raider: Underworld - 100% off
    • Cool Boarders (PSone Classic) - 100% off
    • Sneezies (minis) - 100% off
    • Orbit (minis) - 100% off
    • Split/Second: Velocity - 50% off
    • Split/Second: Velocity - Deadline DLC Pack - 100% off
    • Disney's Bolt: The Game - 50% off
    • 4 Elements HD - 40% off
    • Rocket Knight - 50% off
    • GoldenEye 007: Reloaded - One week early access demo until December 14th
    • Festive Dynamic Theme - 100% off
    • Stripes Part II Dynamic Theme - 100% off
    • PixelJunk: Sidescroller Player One Avatar - 100% off
    • PixelJunk: Sidescroller Player Two Avatar - 100% off

From December 14th:

• Marvel Pinball - 100% off
    • Marvel Pinball: Captain America Table - 50% off
    • Marvel Pinball: Fantastic Four Table - 50% off
    • Burnout Crash - 50% off until December 28th
    • The Studio - Hanging Mobile Theme - 100% off

Please note: additional offers may become available throughout the month. Keep an eye on the Plus section of the PlayStation Store and the weekly Store update posts for more information.

Finally, from the US [Register or Login to view links]:

PS3 Full Game: Tomb Raider: Underworld (PS3 Full Game) – 12/6

Free PSN Game: Marvel Pinball (PSN Game) – 12/13

Free minis: Orbit (Early Access, Exclusive) – 12/6
    Mad Blocker Alpha (mini) – 12/6
    A Space Shooter for 2 Bucks! (mini) – 12/20

Free PS one Classics: Spyro the Dragon – 12/6
    Spyro 2: Ripto’s Rage – 12/6
    Spyro Year of the Dragon – 12/6

Full Game Trials: Dragon Age II – 12/6
    Need for Speed Hot Pursuit – 12/6
    Alice: Madness Returns – 12/13
    Call Of Juarez: Bound In Blood – 12/13
    Red Faction: Armageddon – 12/13
    Brothers in Arms: Hell’s Highway – 12/20
    Carnival Island – 12/20
    Motorstorm Apocalypse – 12/20
    NCAA Football 12 – 12/20
    Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands – 12/20
    Sports Champions – 12/20

Media: Qore Episode 43 – December – 12/6

Discounted PSN Games: Penny Arcade Adventures: Episode 1 and 2 (Bundle) – 80% off – 12/6
    Beat Hazard Ultra – 50% off – 12/13
    Renegade Ops – 25% off – 12/20
    SEGA Bass Fishing – 30% off – 12/20
    Sonic Adventure (Game + Add-On) – 30% off – 12/20
    Sonic 4: Episode 1 – 30% off – 12/20
    SONIC’S HOLIDAY BUNDLE– 25% off – 12/20
    Space Challenge 5 Part 2 – 30% off – 12/20
    Tales of Monkey Island Bundle – 75% off – 12/20
    Discounted PS3 Full Games: Assassins Creed 2 Bundle – 30% off – 12/13
    Assassins Creed Brotherhood Bundle – 30% off – 12/13
    Borderlands Bundle– 25% off – 12/13
    Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Bundle – 25% off – 12/13
    Homefront Bundle – 30% off – 12/13
    Red Dead Redemption Bundle – 30% off – 12/13
    Red Faction Armageddon Bundle – 30% off – 12/13
    Split Second Bundle – 30% off – 12/13
    Warhawk Bundle – 25% off – 12/13
    LA NOIRE Bundle/Complete Edition – 30% off – 12/20

Discounted minis: Snowy – 75% off – 12/6
    Ikari Warriors II: Victory Road – 20% off – 12/13
    Psycho Soldier – 20% off – 12/13
    Prehistoric Isle – 20% off – 12/20
    P.O.W. – Prisoners Of War- 20% off – 12/20

Discounted Add-Ons: Marvel Pinball: Captain America (Add-on) – 50% off – 12/13
    Marvel Pinball: Fantastic Four (Add-on) – 50% off – 12/13

Exclusive Themes and Avatars: Themes and Avatars
    I am Alive Dynamic Theme – 12/6

Exclusive Games: Orbit (Early Access, Exclusive) – 12/6

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    So instead of writing "free" they say "100% off" instead. I guess sony hate the word "free".

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Heh, it would seem so indeed!

so do these deals start on the 6th or the 7th? for example on tomb raider it says the 7th for ps plus than on the ad below it says the 6th

For the EU Store it is the 7th, and for the US one it's the 6th as far as I can tell.

sucks i paid for marvel pinball already ages ago.. and as for their 12 gifts of xmas free games for plus they are games that were free anyways in the previous months.. like sonic 2 etc.. LOL

scrooge mcsony strikes again.. LOL also does anyone know what time new bf3 maps come out.. it just says 6th and its 9:18am on 6th here in australia and they aren't out.. hurry up please.. thanks for the update boss..

Is it just me or does it not seem worth the price of membership? If I wanted to pay for a membership, I would've bought a 360.

well I tried the 3 month plan for $18 and I like it, the ability to backup ps3 saves are pretty nice. You can easily play your game on another ps3 and very useful if your ps3 goes ylod and force to get a new one, like I had to do. I do agree tho that the deals could be better, the ability to have it automatically back up your saves every night is pretty cool too. I guess it depends on the person, it seems to be a good way to collect ps1 games

Not really worth the sub JUST to be able to backup your game saves - simply get USB drive and do it yourself and in case of protected game save - kick the developers ass for using them and boycot such games (yes BF3 / DICE / EA - I'm looking at you!)

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News