Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sony: PlayStation Cloud 'Mockup' is Pure Conjecture

Sponsored Links
    Today Sony has debunked the recent PlayStation Cloud rumor via IGN.

For those unaware, PlayStation Cloud was reported to be a PlayStation Network portal that collects your saves, stats, and trophies for the world to see where the [Register or Login to view links] known as GiantEnemyCrab included a screenshot (below) with the following details, to quote:
    "I have recently talked to a very trusted source (he works at Sony) and he told me about PlayStation Cloud. If you don't believe me then I suggest you scroll down because I have something that can prove to you I'm not lying. It was given to me by my source.

I'm not going to say from who because I promised not to say but here are some of the things I know about PlayStation Cloud.

PlayStation Cloud is like your PlayStation Network portal. It will have all your data and info like.

- Save game data
    - PlayStation Home data
    - PlayStation Network Game Statistics
    - Registered hardware and software
    - In-game Screenshots
    - Video captured using the Youtube uploading feature

You can access your save game data from any PS3 however, the main PS3 with that save data has to be on to make sure that there aren't multiple different versions of your save data.

There will also be other features like what the one person posted about, the news feed thing to help PlayStation Network become more social. The news feed tells you what's going on with your friends. The point of this from what I was told was so that people have more incentive to get trophies if you hear that your friend is like 5 levels higher than you, it will make you want to outdo him.

Before the only way you would have known is if you checked their profile. This also works with PlayStation Home too, when you change your space or get a new space it will pop-up on the news feed so that people know and can log on to home and access your space. News feed shows who becomes friends, tells you what they are playing, watching or looking at.

They are also creating a group system through PlayStation Cloud just like FaceBook and Steams however this one will allow you to create clan groups too and let you connect it with your PlayStation Home Club House.

You can use PlayStation Cloud to stream movies, videos and other forms of media to other PS3. You can even watch videos stored on your hard drive with your PlayStation Network friends however it's sort of more of a home feature because it will send your friends into your Home space.

According to my source you will either see the update in the middle of the summer to the end. They were supposed to talk about it at E3 but it wasn't ready. Which was why Sony was late at E3 and still ended at the same time at E3 that they were supposed losing 10 minutes of content and why if you look at the email from PlayStation it talks about software updates for during E3 and nothing regarding it was announced."
    That being said, Sony's Social Media Manager Jeff Rubenstein, whose PSN ID appears in the image - says that info is bogus. "This 'mockup' is pure conjecture," Rubenstein said. "This is 100 percent fake."

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    And who should be interested in this anyway? Looks more like 1984 to me. I mean c'mon: I'm not interested in which movies my friend watches at the moment or what hardware he has got. Leave him his privacy. What's this good for anyways?

Most of this info can be seen already (buddy-list). This is really a cheap fake because the functionality of PS-Cloud would just be ridiculous.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrink View Post
    And who should be interested in this anyway? Looks more like 1984 to me. I mean c'mon: I'm not interested in which movies my friend watches at the moment or what hardware he has got. Leave him his privacy. What's this good for anyways?

Most of this info can be seen already (buddy-list). This is really a cheap fake because the functionality of PS-Cloud would just be ridiculous.
    Hmmmmm? lol

I like the idea, if i can see a friend is watching a movie and i can go into home and watch it with them or use it to join them in a multiplayer game etc. This is more involved in the use of the console and gaming than the 360s use of twitter and facebook so its better in my opinion. I sure as heck don't want my facebook to be filled with gaming information.

I dont get that registered hardware and software bit.

Big Grin

Quote Originally Posted by semitope View Post
    I like the idea, if i can see a friend is watching a movie and i can go into home and watch it with them or use it to join them in a multiplayer game etc. This is more involved in the use of the console and gaming than the 360s use of twitter and facebook so its better in my opinion. I sure as heck don't want my facebook to be filled with gaming information.

I dont get that registered hardware and software bit.
    I think this is fake.. but ps3 slim rules!

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News