Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I was looking at the "interesting" figures at the main article, and they look like they were made by a child

Nah, seriously, it's strange the way this degradable demos are going to work, 'cause it seems that they are expecting for us to download the FULL game and then, it will be diminishing in time but... we are going to have to download the full game!.

This is definitely the dumbest idea I've ever heard, as many of you have said, 'cause it really is. Besides, what if I wanna try a certain feature that is no longer available? It will just bother me and encourage me to NOT buy the game

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by JesusFMA View Post
    ... It will just bother me and encourage me to NOT buy the game
    My feelings exactly. I think demos should be for two things.

1) Showcase and build up product interest.
    2) Give people a chance to try before they buy.

If a demo is released with all kinds of restrictions and degrading features over time that would really be a poor way to showcase a let someone try a product. If the next time you go test drive a vehicle power and the steering stopped and the radio slowly turned off you probably wouldn't want to buy a car when you got back to the lot. That's a far out example but it relates the same concept with the game demos.

Demo's are pretty limited as is, why would you want to limit them even more. Because people play demo's forever? That's a lame excuse. If someone's picking up a PSP or PS3 there is a pretty good chance they have money to buy a game from time a time.

This kind of stuff and way of thinking makes me think of "greed". Why do people need to be burdened with all kinds of limits on demos? Sony had a good thing going with free online play and PSN access. If you give people what they want, they'll love you for it. If you start screwing em over with grand idea's like this you're going to have less happy people.

With this kind of corporate attitude, I hope even more the PS3 is hacked open and laid bare. Maybe someone who's all upset over locked down feature limited demos can then figure out a way to unlock them to their max potential so people can play forever.

~Lame Patent Sony, Very Lame~
    Last edited by red8316; 03-06-2010 at 11:18 PM Reason: grammar .. again

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    This demo will self-destruct in 3..2..1...

They could use this scheme for full games also, to buy new games, or rebuy...at least it only for free demos...for now.

On the bright side, it will "adapting" to your experiences, and by made it harder (less powerfull weapons) making more replayable than before

The level restriction is maybe good too: if there will be more levels than nowadays' demos' and phase out to a few good representative.. something like level-limited beta to a now known demo.
    But all depends on how they execute it!

As many others have said, this doesn't make a lot of sense.

The only way this could work to any degree would be for the demo to be extremely lenient on the time you get before anything bad happens. However we all know how the monkeys who design games will feel about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretikewl View Post
    As many others have said, this doesn't make a lot of sense.

The only way this could work to any degree would be for the demo to be extremely lenient on the time you get before anything bad happens. However we all know how the monkeys who design games will feel about that.
    monkeys don't design the games. hard working people that want nothing more than to provide an immersive experience to players, design and make games. the monkeys that i think you are speaking about actually work for publishing companies. people who design and actually make games only get paid a set salary. however, the monkeys working at publishers get royalties for each copy of a game sold. and publishers are the ones that impose restrictions and "rules" for what can and can not be included in a game since they are the ones who pay the developer companies.

Quote Originally Posted by inginear View Post
    monkeys don't design the games. hard working people that want nothing more than to provide an immersive experience to players, design and make games. the monkeys that i think you are speaking about actually work for publishing companies. people who design and actually make games only get paid a set salary. however, the monkeys working at publishers get royalties for each copy of a game sold. and publishers are the ones that impose restrictions and "rules" for what can and can not be included in a game since they are the ones who pay the developer companies.
    Wow, what a great way to take what I was saying and make me sound like a douche.

I think everyone here knew what I meant by it... cept you.

Next time I make a comment about something like this, I'll make sure I lay responsibilty to the developer, publisher, advertising, designers, researchers, copyright, hell I'll even throw in the beta testers and quality control people for what everyone does in the making of a game, since you obviously need it clarified.

who's gonna buy a game that the demos like hell. I think Sony must be over protective..

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News