Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Right, but when the RFID tag contains a 256, or even 512 bit code using a key generation method only known to Sony it will be almost impossible to generate an unused code to write to the custom RFID chip (which I imagine will be using some kind of online database to manage times installed etc)

HOWEVER, I would imagine it being fairly easy to take a trip to a game store, read the RFID in the unsold box and write it directly to your blank RFID media. Shame that using this method is less like piracy and more like stealing.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    R.I.P. Playstation brand - you will be sadly missed (maybe that should be "will not")

No more sony products for me, will be moving to another Tv/audio hardware manufacturer and will not be getting a PS4 but will instead spend the $600+ on multiple purchases of the open systems like the Ouya and that console on a stick - or maybe just give up on consoles all together (might be time to upgrade my PC instead!)

Sad days

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Goodbye PS4, the next gen is gonna be xbox720 and Steambox/PC. The writing is on the wall.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I don't think the patent mentions anything about an online database, so if such a thing as a ps4 CFW surfaces, I'm sure one would be able to simply forgo the licensing process.

Before that wouldn't we simply need to collect a bunch of keys to determine what was used to generate them, and then generate another (preferably much farther down the production line) key

I saw this on Reddit yesterday and I really wasn't surprised Sony did something like this. If Microsoft does the same thing though, it will be pretty bad for gamers.

I love the people acting like this is a foregone conclusion. They just filed a patent, doesn't mean they actually plan to implement this. I bet Sony has literally hundreds of thousands of patents for ideas that aren't used.

I get that this is all speculation. I'm just going with the 'what if?' to show it'd probably not be that difficult to defeat.

A lot of people seem to make your post. I'm sick of this news too, but replied to this thread and another. aside from those I'm ignoring it because there were like 20 dupe threads. I get it's unlikely they'll implement it.. but its something ps-related to talk about.

well, i hope they decide well in the end, and don't lose lots of PS fans

Sony = greedy..

probably patent trolling lol

otherwise they know they would get boycotted (who am i kidding )

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News