Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Sony Patent Uncovered for Kinect-Like PlayStation Device

Sponsored Links
    While Sony is currently promoting Move, today Siliconera.com (linked above) has uncovered a patent for a Kinect-like PlayStation device filed by Sony Computer Entertainment America.

While it's not a controller-free environment, the new controller device does track the location of players.

To quote: It's equipped with a gyroscope, accelerometer, magnometer, and most interestingly an ultrasonic transmitter. The controller uses this to communicate with another device to determine the location of the controller and player through echolocation.

The controller is half of the gizmo. Users also place this device on the floor and it communicates with a console via radio signals.

Sony equipped the floor sensor with a motion detector, cameras, sound processor, and another ultrasonic processor. Image detection lets it know where players are and if it has been moved.

Like the PlayStation Move controller, it has LEDs on top that provide visual feedback for in-game events and when your batteries are low. An onboard sound processor and microphone are present for voice control."

More PlayStation 3 News...
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

image245.png   image246.png   image247.png   image248.png   image249.png   image250.png  

image251.png   image252.png   image253.png   image254.png  

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Interesting news, maybe $ony will bring more interaction to PS3 than any other console, time will tell!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by solrac1974 View Post
    Interesting news, maybe $ony will bring more interaction to PS3 than any other console, time will tell!
    I really hope not cause i just spent a mini fortune on another move controller and 2 navigation controllers... Joking.

I rather actually see the kinect working on the pS3 if some could map the drivers right!

Big Grin

now let's dance... LOL

i'd place bets it's gonna be for the PS4.

Kinnect is already giving sony a real headache, why else do a new patent been revealed, this is just a promotion for the people to hang on believing that ps3 will have a Kinnect wannabe.

you can have video conferencing while playing a game... thats cool. in other words... i can see your face when i'm kicking your butt in codbops

Don't you already have something like this for the PS3 Sony? Oh yeah, THE PLAYSTATION EYE!

Quote Originally Posted by CyanCaze View Post
    Don't you already have something like this for the PS3 Sony? Oh yeah, THE PLAYSTATION EYE!
    You beat me to it. Exactly what I was thinking. It's really similar technology when it comes down to it.

Quote Originally Posted by CyanCaze View Post
    really? you can play game and video chat at the same time? like in diagram 3? i didn't know this since i don't have the ps eye

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News