Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Sony Offers Free Gran Turismo 5 PS3 DLC Christmas Bonus Cars

Sponsored Links
    According to Andriasang.com (linked above), as a special holiday gift for GT5 racers worldwide Sony will be offering three downloadable cars for Gran Turismo 5 PS3 owners in time for Christmas along with upgrading a few standard cars to premium status.

The three cars are the Lamborghini Murcielago LP 640, the BMW M3 Coupe, and the Jaguar-XJ13, which will hit PlayStation Store from December 24 to January 31 for fans to grab.

To quote: "Owners of the recent racer can look forward to three free downloadable cars: the Lamborghini Murcielago LP 640, the BMW M3 Coupe, and the Jaguar-XJ13. These cars have seen design arrangements by Polyphony and fall under the 'Chrome Line' series.

The cars will be distributed through PlayStation Store from December 24 through January 31. Anyone with GT5 will be able to make the download for free."

Sony Offers Free Gran Turismo 5 PS3 DLC Christmas Bonus Cars

More PlayStation 3 News...
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

bmw.jpg   jag.jpg   lam.jpg  

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    That's great, now these bunch of ebay Gt5 Code sellers are done. They sell codes like for the jaguar for 10 bucks. I know why i wait, and trustz me these stealth cars will show up also sometimes.

Greets mODMATE

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    So they are just giving away three cars from Collector's Edition's "exclusive" five while people spent extra money buying the Collector's Edition? Nice move Sony!

i don't think you are right. I don't have collector edition, but first print edition with coupon which should be exactly the same as collector's coupon. Those 5 cars are different from these 3. So users of more expensive versions shouldn't be rubbed by this action

You are partially correct. A Quick search at Google reveals the following 5 cars are included in the Chrome Line Series Voucher:
    • Audi R8 5.2 FSI quattro Chrome Line Edition
    • BMW M3 Coupe Chrome Line Edition
    • Lamborghini Murciélago LP 640 Chrome Line Edition
    • Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Coupe Chrome Line Edition
    • Shelby Cobra 427 Chrome Line Edition

So that's 2 of the 5 'exclusives' given away.

I myself do have the EU Collectors Edition, but, I cant find anywhere on the packaging what the list of car's are that are included along with the voucher. Not redeemed it yet since I am still on 3.41...

These DLC cars i've got by voucher bundled with GT5 first print edition:
    • Nissan GT-R GT500 Stealth Model
    • Mercedes SLS AMG Stealth Model
    • McLaren F1 Stealth Model
    • Honda NSX GT500 Stealth Model
    • Audi R10 TDI Stealth Model

my GT5 is an Asian release. I couldn't buy collector's edition, but according to seller in retail shop i've asked, collector's edition and first print edition have same cars. May be it's for Asian release only, i don't know.

Technically, it's none given away, as the three free ones aren't the 'Chrome Line Edition'. Yes, it's the same mechanically, but collector's aren't really collecting for speed, but limited visibility (i.e. online etc). None of these 3 are the best car in the game, so it was, and still will be, only a status thing. Just like every other collector's edition.

If they gave you things that made you more powerful (not just for 24 hours after release), every single player would complain till they took them away.

Sweet, will be downloading this.

i'm going to download these as soon as i see them available. this is an easy way to get closer to my 1000 car trophy.

I have the collectors edition. Only two of the cars are the same... as pointed out. The Jaguar-XJ13 is not in the collector's edition. They are nice to have yes. But, pointless to a degree. Meaning if it's DLC then you already have the game. Then you would realize these cars are nothing compared to the ones you "should" already have. Now if you are just getting the game now.

Then these are a nice add on indeed. I used mine to win many races right out the gate. While everyone else with the reg game only had 20,000 credits to work with. This game has been running pretty much nonstop in my PS3 since it came out. I'm 4 levels from maxing out B Spec already (level 36). I have the X1 Red Bull. I'm level 23 on A Spec.

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News