Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Smile Sony to Offer 27 PS3 Games

Sponsored Links
    Thursday, August 24, 2006

Sony to Offer 27 PS3 Games at Tokyo Game Show

Sony said on Wednesday it would offer 27 playable games for its PlayStation 3 at the Tokyo Game Show next month, a sign of progress in critical software development ahead of the November launch of the latest version of its blockbuster game console.

Sony, which competes with Microsoft and Nintendo in the global video game market, offered 13 playable PS3 software titles at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) trade show in Los Angeles in May.

Having a wide range of popular software at the time of the launch is considered crucial for success in the game console market.

Any indication of how the upcoming console could fare is closely watched, as the success or failure of the game machine would exert a far-reaching impact on Sony's group-wide performance.

At stake is not just pole position in the nearly $30 billion global video game industry, but dominance in next-generation DVDs and the commercial viability of Sony's Cell microchips, co-developed by Toshiba and IBM.

Playable games at the Tokyo Game Show, which will run from September 22 to September 24, will include such titles as Ridge Racer 7 from Namco Bandai Holdings Inc. and Capcom Co. Ltd.'s Devil May Cry 4.

Nice:

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Cool news indeed- Thanks SL!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    hummm...sony will still offer all this games after the $$$ million dollars incident with apple's laptop ac chargers? don't know...i know sony is pretty big and they offer many products to consumers...but isn't this the 2nd time sony loses money like this?

Quote Originally Posted by carapalida View Post
    hummm...sony will still offer all this games after the $$$ million dollars incident with apple's laptop ac chargers? don't know...i know sony is pretty big and they offer many products to consumers...but isn't this the 2nd time sony loses money like this?
    Um... WHAT????

Sony isnt developing 27 games themselves, they simply have stated that 27 games for its system will be present and playable at the TGS.

Where does apple's laptop AC chargers come into this AT ALL????

What do you mean 2nd time sony loses money like this??

Am I missing something :?? :?? :?? :??

Launch titles are a big reason why sony burried N64 off the bat....

N64 had two titles... super mario 64 and piolet wings.
    Sony had 9 I think to pick from on launch.

27 is alot of flavor to go around

Xbox will have had the least amount of launch titles, but by being the first to the game by around a year it will make up for that. The Wii comes in just behind the PS3... it looks like launch titles wont be as big of a difference this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by WOWchamp View Post
    Launch titles are a big reason why sony burried N64 off the bat....

N64 had two titles... super mario 64 and piolet wings.
    Sony had 9 I think to pick from on launch.

27 is alot of flavor to go around

Xbox will have had the least amount of launch titles, but by being the first to the game by around a year it will make up for that. The Wii comes in just behind the PS3... it looks like launch titles wont be as big of a difference this time around.
    Just because they will have 27 playable games at TGS doesn't mean they are all launch titles...

Several are likely just demos for games that may not even be out for up to a year from now.

PS3 Square Button

Quote Originally Posted by trebor View Post
    Exactly, the article mentions 27 playable games, not 27 launch titles. besides, if you were a publisher and had worked hard to finish a game for the launch, would you want 26 competitors?

I would love the launch to have 27 titles, but you have to think that after forking out $650 for the machine, people may only have a budget to buy 1 or 2 games.

So a publisher's standpoint would probably be to pressure Sony to have fewer launch titles to make sure what they release becomes an instant hit.
    i cant wait guys, this looks like the best console of all time

some of my coworkers are skepticle about PS3, although their opinions won't change the fact that I am willing to spend $600 on a console (one bought a Bowflex and doesn't even use it!). PS3 will have titles that no other console will have, so that will win me over. Although the same goes for Wii and Xbox360, they will both have games that PS3 won't have. Eventually I will buy all 3. I haven't jumped on the Xbox360 bandwagon because of the hardware failure issues (also, WTF is up with only a 90 day warranty? That's saying the console is prone to hardware bugs/failure).

i hope that theres going to be new wwe smackdown games

I'm from the UK and the news of the PS3 being delayed till March 2007 has got me seriously whacked off. I'm still gonna save my money for one thgh simply to play Ridge Racer 7

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News