Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Sony Motion Controller for PS3 Available Worldwide in Fall 2010

Sponsored Links
    Today Sony has officially announced that their Motion Controller (final product name is still unconfirmed) for PS3 will be available worldwide in Fall, 2010.

Press Release: PRESS RELEASE: MOTION CONTROLLER *1 FOR PLAYSTATION 3 TO BECOME AVAILABLE WORLDWIDE IN FALL 2010

Motion Controller, Together with an Extensive Line-up of Software Titles, Delivers Whole New Entertainment Experience on PlayStation 3

Tokyo, January 20, 2010 - Sony Computer Entertainment (SCE) today announced that it will release its new Motion Controller (tentative name) for PlayStation 3 (PS3) computer entertainment system in fall 2010 in Japan, Asian regions and countries, North America and Europe/PAL territories together with an extensive line-up of exciting software titles.

The new controller, combined together with the PlayStation Eye camera *2, can detect the natural and intuitive movement of the hand and reflect the precise movement within the game, delivering a whole new entertainment experience on PS3.

"We have decided to release the Motion Controller in fall 2010 when we will be able to offer an exciting and varied line-up of software titles that will deliver the new entertainment experience to PS3 users, " said Kazuo Hirai, President and Group CEO, Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

"We will continue to work to have a comprehensive portfolio of attractive and innovative games for the Motion Controller, not only from SCE Worldwide Studios but also from the third party developers and publishers, whom we have been working closely with. We look forward to soon unveiling the exciting software line-up that further expand and define the PS3 platform as the ultimate entertainment system for the home."

SCE will vigorously promote the Motion Controller as the de facto controller of the PS3 platform along with the DUALSHOCKŪ series controller and will deploy various measures to enhance the software title line-up for the Motion Controller, delivering groundbreaking interactive entertainment only possible on the PS3 platform.

*1 Motion Controller is a tentative name.
    *2 Users will need to use the PlayStation Eye camera to enjoy Motion Controller on PS3.

Sony Motion Controller for PS3 Available Worldwide in Fall 2010

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links

Thumbs Up

Sponsored Links
    Wii ports would be very much appreciated!

Sponsored Links

Thumbs Down

Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by KRaZE View Post
    Wii ports would be very much appreciated!
    Not !!! I'd prefer the exact opposite myself.

Red steel in HD would be pretty sweet, as would topspin(tennis). The only issue I see is the wire to the PS EYE. I currently have a wireless senor bar for my wii (equipment is far away) and I will have to find a way to connect the PS eye without an ugly stretched wire. The 15 feet USB 2.0 limit is going to throw a wrench into any neat cable routing

New PS3 motion controller

What happened to the "arc" I guess they caught on quick that people didn't think the name fit for it.

I agree with Shrink. I have a wii and there's SO many crap games on it.

I'd much rather see new innovative games hit the scene than rehashes of that same old mini-game crap the wii keeps spitting out.

If the ps3 has motion controller the games shall be have way better details and graphics in nintendo there not allowed to overclock the graphics from the leason they learned in Zelda and thats how it was hacked.

There's bannerbomb and stuff now but they still kept the rule but ps3 doesnt have this so ps3 will have way greater details and graphics but i think they should give leg movement and voice control like project natal on the ps eye.

With the WII, you pretty much stay in a 2D environment; you point to your telly and that's it.

I can imagine that, with the power of the PS3, you could start moving around in a Virtual environment a lot more. Imagine Heavy Rain, but then with the freedom to move your character's arm(s) and interact with the environment.

The PSEye seems a bit of a struggling point... off course if you have 2 of them, one to measure you X and one to measure your Y-coordinate, then it would become a different matter.

Quote Originally Posted by modzila View Post
    With the WII, you pretty much stay in a 2D environment; you point to your telly and that's it.

I can imagine that, with the power of the PS3, you could start moving around in a Virtual environment a lot more. Imagine Heavy Rain, but then with the freedom to move your character's arm(s) and interact with the environment.

The PSEye seems a bit of a struggling point... off course if you have 2 of them, one to measure you X and one to measure your Y-coordinate, then it would become a different matter.
    You can already "guess" the position of an object already with a fairly good amount of accuracy just off a single camera.

And I think you might have meant the Z coordinate?

You'd only need a second camera if you needed to see the backside of the player.

The reason that lighted ball is on the end of the controller is to give the camera a good reference point for distance as well as position.

I was gonna make the same point as above, the only reason a second camera would be needed is for the z-axis, but sony have already demo'd that the "arc" (which i actually think is a good name!) can handle precise z-axis movement.

I think the point made by someone about interacting with the games in a virtual environment similar to natal could be achieved with a mo-cap style motion tracking if sony were to release the little globes as peripherals to track knees and head movement...

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News