Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sony Launches E3 2010 Site to Showcase PS3 and PSP Line-Up

Sponsored Links
    Today Sony has launched a new E3 2010 site at [Register or Login to view links] geared to showcase their PS3 and PSP line-up of products that will appear at this year's Electronic Entertainment Expo, which takes place from June 15-17, 2010.

For those new to the gaming world, E3 is an annual video game conference and show at the Los Angeles Convention center.

Sony's E3 2010 conference will take place on Tuesday, June 15 at 12PM. Their predicted 1-to-2-hour stage appearance will include previews of ModNation Racers for PSP, Gran Turismo 5, Move Party, The Shoot, Sports Champions, and Socom 4 among others.

Those interested can check out the official site (linked above) for more information on what's heading to your video game consoles this year.

Finally, [Register or Login to view links] pointed out that Sony's E3 2010 Web site may also reveal hints of High-Resolution Image Enlargement Gigapan Technology coming to the PS3... as seen in the video below!

Sony Launches E3 2010 Site to Showcase PS3 and PSP Line-Up

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    That's freaking awesome!!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    It's a good idea but I think prices will be high for a pack containing, but not a console and it will not be highly profitable for Sony to sell low so it has an announcement to follow closely.

this zooming is cool stuff. i saw this demo a while ago but it still hasn't lost its magic on me. i'm wondering if this will be used in any games or if this will only be used for other apps. i remember sony giving a statement a while ago about letting developers make custom map apps and the like for the ps3 as part of a new app store. maybe this is one step closer to sony launching their ps3 app store.

That would be a cool interface for an OS...

Quote Originally Posted by inginear View Post
    this zooming is cool stuff. i saw this demo a while ago but it still hasn't lost its magic on me. i'm wondering if this will be used in any games or if this will only be used for other apps. i remember sony giving a statement a while ago about letting developers make custom map apps and the like for the ps3 as part of a new app store. maybe this is one step closer to sony launching their ps3 app store.
    An iphone/ipad type app store would be could be very profitable for PSN, enter the age of Curated Computing as some people are putting it, in theory a store of custom coded apps to do some of thing things hackers wish to create though homebrew, given that Sony isnt going to give us all the things we wish to create i.e. emulators and pirated games, but this could open up a nice middle ground for a lot of people wishing to use there ps3 for menial tasks that would be allowed by the apps witch sony would probably be hoping to stop so many people from wanting to hack the ps3 by giving them mulled over apps that they are sure cant harm the ps3s security. (but that could be an easy opening for hackers too)

Back on topic: the app in the video feels to me like a PPC tech demo that was never ment for actual deployment, while cool i don't rely see the relevance of the whole thing in comparison to the ps3s other problems and consumer demand for features that are perfectly in there power to program should be addressed before giving us crap like this...

Quote Originally Posted by laggmaster View Post
    An iphone/ipad type app store would be could be very profitable for PSN, enter the age of Curated Computing as some people are putting it, in theory a store of custom coded apps to do some of thing things hackers wish to create though homebrew, given that Sony isnt going to give us all the things we wish to create i.e. emulators and pirated games, but this could open up a nice middle ground for a lot of people wishing to use there ps3 for menial tasks that would be allowed by the apps witch sony would probably be hoping to stop so many people from wanting to hack the ps3 by giving them mulled over apps that they are sure cant harm the ps3s security. (but that could be an easy opening for hackers too)
    But that was something people said OtherOS would do, provide a middle-ground for people who wish to use apps and homebrew on their console legitimately without needing to hack the console first, thus leading to less people trying to hack the console and so little to non in terms of piracy (Their reasoning, not mine).

I feel an app store full of third party apps is a very good idea, and a good move on Sony's part, but only if the right apps are created as there isn't much need for apps on a console compared to apps on a mobile device such as the iphone.
    Quote Originally Posted by laggmaster View Post
    Back on topic: the app in the video feels to me like a PPC tech demo that was never ment for actual deployment, while cool i don't rely see the relevance of the whole thing in comparison to the ps3s other problems and consumer demand for features that are perfectly in there power to program should be addressed before giving us crap like this...
    All i can do is agree. Why Sony insist on creating technology/features that noone has either asked for nor wants is still puzzling.
    Certain issues have been addressed by the customer and acknowledged by Sony countless times, and yet nothing seems to present itself in a productive manner and is not resolved, meaning the issues are reiterated each and every time a new FW is released.

Quote Originally Posted by saviour07 View Post
    But that was something people said OtherOS would do, provide a middle-ground for people who wish to use apps and homebrew on their console legitimately without needing to hack the console first, thus leading to less people trying to hack the console and so little to non in terms of piracy (Their reasoning, not mine).
    While that was another reason i believe that they added otheros to the ps3 in the first place, besides trying show off the Cell/B.E., was to try and stop it hacked into like the xbox360 was so quickly, but for a long time after the ps3s initial release, i believe it was about a year before i finally got linux working the way i wanted it to on a semi stable distro, not many people used linux and the few that were capable of hobbling together computing clusters (the Air-Force and a couple of universities are the well known ones but im sure some crazy computer scientist made himself one too) had a hell of a time maintaining them...

but sony and Toshiba i think seen a more profitable way out if they made cell workstations and sells them as at a premium (honestly i would rather build my own server than buy one of theirs). they began making ps3 slims to phaze out linux and it was working, then geohot started public information about him exploiting the ps3 through a feature sony gave us as a gift of good will in the beginning... and the perfect scapegoat was born they can take linux.
    Quote Originally Posted by saviour07 View Post
    I feel an app store full of third party apps is a very good idea, and a good move on Sony's part, but only if the right apps are created as there isn't much need for apps on a console compared to apps on a mobile device such as the iphone.
    Yeah but think of the crappy third party apps sony is going to give us if this idea actually gets off the ground. I dont think that there would be a single thing on that app store that i would use on a day to day basis... yeah i agree with you though apps dont make much sence on a console... i think it makes more sense as a linux pc because i like open source...

Can't wait for E3 see whats actually coming down the pipes for this year instead of these months of speculation before it.

i can honestly only think of someone making an alternate browser, an alternate media player/interface and several silly social networking apps (who honestly uses the facebook thing on their PS3 now??) but if Sony ask the right people the right questions about what type of applications they wish to see on their PS3 (instead of 12 year olds asking for "boom headshot @deadperson" to be posted on twitter every time they kill someone on MW2) then it could lead to a more fruitful and productive use of peoples consoles.

I personally like apps which better the system i'm using such as performance tools or something which is productive when being utilised.
    I would also like to see a file type/video conversion tool which could be used on your PS3, so if there is an unsupported file (seriously... mkv's STIL AREN'T SUPPORTED??) then you can select the media in question and convert it to a PS3 recognised file type.

A personal favourite would be a torrent application (popcornhour can do it!).

however i recognise the security breaches which can come with alot of the applications that others would want and so is another reason why i dont believe an app store would surface (not in the way that would be successful and/or useful) even though i would like to be optimistic about a PS3 app store.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News