Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Sony Introduces New Terms of Service and User Agreement

Sponsored Links
    With the PS3 Firmware 3.30 update, Sony has [Register or Login to view links] a new Terms Of Service and User Agreement - Version 6.0 (April 21, 2010).

The most interesting is paragraph 11, to cite:

11. MAINTENANCE AND UPGRADES

From time to time, it may become necessary for SCEA to provide certain content to you to ensure that Sony Online Services and content offered through Sony Online Services, your PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system, the PSP (PlayStation Portable) system or other SCEA-authorized hardware is functioning properly in accordance with SCEA guidelines.

Some content may be provided automatically without notice when you sign in. Such content may include automatic updates or upgrades which may change your current operating system, cause a loss of data or content or cause a loss of functionalities or utilities.

Such upgrades or updates may be provided for system software for your PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system, the PSP (PlayStation Portable) system, or other SCEA-authorized hardware. Access or use to any system software is subject to terms and conditions of a separate end user license agreement found at [Register or Login to view links].

You authorize SCEA to provide such content and agree that SCEA shall not be liable for any damages, loss of data or loss of functionalities arising from provision of such content or maintenance services. It is recommended that you regularly back up any archivable data located on the hard disk.

Is it just me, or is Sony trying to cover their bottoms?

Sony Introduces New Terms of Service and User Agreement

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandpaHomer View Post
    Agreed... needless to say, this does not surprise me either. +Rep for the news also GrandpaHomer!

Sponsored Links

Question

Sponsored Links
    No idea if this is really true!

SeventhExile Speaks: Incase you care or find this interesting:
    This specific update won't wipe your old Linux.

My house make is running linux on his ps3 and just updated. He's still got linux running.

However, it then asked if he wanted to install the previous update to which he declined. Had he installed that one, linux would be gone.
    Comment from: [Register or Login to view links]

Quote Originally Posted by GrandpaHomer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    Agreed... needless to say, this does not surprise me either. +Rep for the news also GrandpaHomer!
    Yea, they're trying to cover there butt's because they knew it was wrong to screw over the end consumer like they did.

Yeah $ony, BigBrother apps for everyone! Then you can even check, and delete 'pirated' contents. That's the future..

Banned User
    i think now the war has begun.

sony wanna install spys on our systems? then we have to kick there asses. i real'y hope some people getting to work a fully hacked custom firmware that we can show what we thinks about Sonys plan to control our systems.

Sometimes i feel like some monkey is in charge of SCEA.. do they realize that they turned people like me who didn't intend to hack and etc. their consoles, into pirates.

With these new rules we give more for sony liability with respect to our ps3 and then to give witness for work. Sony a clearly through all inclusive of waiting on the player.

it seems to me that sony is trying to "cover its butt" before users class actions. they wanna say, if someday we will decide to release game in white&black, you user must shut up and being quiet, cause we can do whatever we wanna do -.- shame on them
    Last edited by dondolo; 04-22-2010 at 07:18 AM Reason: typing error

You are aware that seems the same as in ToS 5.0 right? Its probably been in longer than that, I'm not saying what Sony did/is doing is right but this is not new... There are new ToS but this all was at least in 5.0. I'm looking at 5.0 right now...
    Last edited by Musoka; 04-22-2010 at 07:24 AM

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News