Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    So, this could be why this update is mandatory. It's to get you to agree to a new ToS. I'll have to go back (if someone doesn't do it before I do) and compare the previous ToS with this new one. Most of the info posted so far I believe was part of the previous ToS. The question is... what DID change - and why does Sony want everyone to move to it...

It could be the limitation of damages on the URL in the OP - I don't remember damages this, but it's been a while since I looked:
    YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE RECOURSE IN THE EVENT OF ANY DISSATISFACTION WITH OR DAMAGE ARISING FROM PSN OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT AND SCEA’S MAXIMUM LIABILITY UNDER THIS AGREEMENT OR WITH RESPECT TO YOUR USE OF OR ACCESS TO PSN SHALL BE LIMITED TO YOUR DIRECT DAMAGES, NOT TO EXCEED THE UNUSED FUNDS IN YOUR WALLET AS OF THE DATE OF TERMINATION. EXCEPT AS STATED IN THE FOREGOING SENTENCE, SCEA EXCLUDES ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY LOSS OF DATA, DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR SOFTWARE OR HARDWARE, AND ANY OTHER LOSS OR DAMAGE SUFFERED BY YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY, WHETHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL AND HOWEVER ARISING, AS A RESULT OF ACCESSING ANY SERVICE OR DOWNLOADING ANY CONTENT TO YOUR PlayStation®3 COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM, THE PSP® (PlayStation®PORTABLE) SYSTEM, OR ANY HARDWARE DEVICE, OR USING OR ACCESSING THE PSN. UNLESS THIS PROVISION IS UNENFORCEABLE IN YOUR JURISDICTION, THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS, EXCLUSIONS AND DISCLAIMERS SHALL APPLY TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, EVEN IF ANY REMEDY FAILS ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.

Sponsored Links

WOW!!!

Sponsored Links
    So now they can go in to the system whenever they want look around for hacks and not only ban you from the network but also mess your stuff up if they feel like it and say, well you shoulden't have hacked your system and we are not respnsible for any damages.

I'll bet just about anything, if the ps3 gets fully hacked, we'll start to see a massive jump in YLOD. I also bet that just to cover their butts they'll hit a few non-hacked systems and say, no its not just the hacked systems, but the ratio is going to be obvious.

I would say at least 75-85% of the YLOD increase will be hacked systems, even slightly hacked systems. I really can't wait for a CFW for ps3. The PSP has done awesome with CFWs, and i don't mean for pirating.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Imagine if i bought a slim. Arrive at home, set it up, everything dandy.

Then hook up the internet, actually read the TOS and don´t agree.

Is still the retailer fault?

I wish to know what data or content or functionalities or utilities are needed to be deleted. I want to download and use it on my 3.15.

Oh my God, with bigbrother apps maybe we can be banned !!!! $ony is winning the war... AND where's GEOhot, where are these hackers !!!

Arrow

Here is the email I received from PlayStation(R)Network on the subject. Maybe we should all terminate at the same time?
    We are writing to provide you with notice of changes to the SCEA Terms of Service and User Agreement and Privacy Policy, which will be effective starting April 21, 2010.

Please visit [Register or Login to view links] to review the new terms and policy. The revised Terms of Service and User Agreement and Privacy Policy apply to PlayStation(R)Network account holders and their Sub Accounts. The revised Privacy Policy also applies to any visitors to SCEA websites.

If you do not agree with the new Terms of Service and User Agreement or Privacy Policy, please contact Customer Service to terminate your PlayStation(R)Network account(s) and do not visit PlayStation(R)Network or our websites. Continued use of your PlayStation(R)Network accounts by you or your associated Sub Accounts means that you agree to the new Terms of Service and User Agreement and Privacy Policy. Continued use of any SCEA website means you agree to the new Privacy Policy.

If you have any questions or wish to terminate your accounts, please contact Customer Service at [Register or Login to view links]

Sincerely,

PlayStation(R)Network
    Last edited by Denbo44; 04-22-2010 at 02:31 PM

Well those terms are illegal according to european law, especially the option about automatically update WITH cause of data loss..

These guys don't care about losing consumers at all it seems. They figure you are addicted to the playstation network. It's really damn strange; I wouldn't expect them to get THIS paranoid.

well in this case, i think they just screwed themselves over.. how can they cover themselves AFTER theyve done something wrong? this revision was released after the fact.. so they just pretty much agree that they were wrong.

i still dont see why anyone hasn't brought up that since 3.21 was an option, then sony is telling me i cant play my online only games even after i've paid for them, or the rights to play them or whatever.. if i decided not to upgrade to 3.21. thats kind of like selling you broken games.. "pay me, but they wont work" so in a way, they do force you to upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Haksam View Post
    No idea if this is really true!

SeventhExile Speaks: Incase you care or find this interesting:

Comment from: [Register or Login to view links]
    I would say.. go ahead and try it.. and let us know LOL..

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News