Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Why do I feel like I am renting my purchased console... It is unfair that they can just change the way they want. There is no mutual consent altering the terms and conditions!!!

Banned User
    i'm pretty sure with this declaration of terms, that they can upgrade/update our consoles without even letting know the player/customer. i'm pretty sure some clever guys will build up a server system that we don't ever have to use the sony servers anymore. so we are free of there crazy ideas to "big brother" us all.

Quote Originally Posted by CodeKiller View Post
    Yeah $ony, BigBrother apps for everyone! Then you can even check, and delete 'pirated' contents. That's the future..
    That's indeed the future. I am sure a time will come that everything in our house will be linked and controlled by the Government. There will be a standard computer, with a "fix" operating system and freelance programmers will cease to exist.

My only wish is not to live to that reality...

with this way or another one day will have a cfw!!

MAN MADE IT MAN CAN BREAK IT!!!

Exclamation

is it just me or does it sound like this update also brings in automatic silent updates?
    Some content may be provided automatically without notice when you sign in.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrorar View Post
    i'm pretty sure with this declaration of terms, that they can upgrade/update our consoles without even letting know the player/customer. i'm pretty sure some clever guys will build up a server system that we don't ever have to use the sony servers anymore. so we are free of there crazy ideas to "big brother" us all.
    Quote Originally Posted by livpool View Post
    is it just me or does it sound like this update also brings in automatic silent updates?
    Sounds like it. Maybe 3.30 is what enables that capability, or maybe it was introduced in 3.21 without anyones knowledge. they were already keeping aspects of what was updated secret so why not.

Quote Originally Posted by semitope View Post
    Sounds like it. Maybe 3.30 is what enables that capability, or maybe it was introduced in 3.21 without anyones knowledge. they were already keeping aspects of what was updated secret so why not.
    well hopefully its not the case.. it would suck to see my features disappearing randomly without me knowing...

Lightbulb

What are the odds that 3.30 doesn't remove linux but will allow a future update to silently do so? They catch the waiters that way..

I have not played my ps3 since I got my 360. when geohot comes through I will be using the ps3 again.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandpaHomer View Post
    Some content may be provided automatically without notice when you sign in. Such content may include automatic updates or upgrades which may change your current operating system, cause a loss of data or content or cause a loss of functionalities or utilities.

Such upgrades or updates may be provided for system software for your PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system, the PSP (PlayStation Portable) system, or other SCEA-authorized hardware.
    Is it just me or does this sound like auto firmware updates without even asking you if you want it?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast