Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

DC Universe Online does this to F2P & Premium players. It'll show an ad for in-game items from the marketplace. Mind you, it doesn't do this a lot. I've seen it maybe twice a week if that. You can quickly press circle to close the ad too. It's wastes maybe 3 seconds of your life so it's not a big deal.

Just another nail in the coffin as far as I'm concerned. I'm sticking with PC titles, ones that don't require an always on internet connection. And my emulators. Console gaming is dead to me.

Banned User
    Ergh o_o, don't do this Sony. People will move to Xbox if you keep this up. The only reason why PS3 is better than Xbox is 'Blu-Ray movies' 'Uncharted Series' 'Free PSN'. Sony pay attention, the new Xbox will almost definatly be able to play Blu-Ray movies, so if you make the PS3/PS4/PSV have a fremium PSN say good bye to so many customers.

yea i agree it will make some people go 2 xbox instead

This would be so idiotic if it were to happen whilst playing multiplayer.

I can maybe accept this happening when player's are in the lobby or as the game/map is loading but during gameplay will be a joke!

its must be a joke! at the loading of the game i can tolerate, but during the gameplay, i will kick the console through the window!

This will take away a lot of players because of the random advertising, and I suppose it is only going to be for one player games, otherwise I don't want to imagine how this will affect gameplay during a multiplayer game like the FPS shooter ones.

Was thinking about this again the other day, and I'm wondering if the developers of the games themselves are happy with this?
    Or if they have to sign a new agreement to allow it to happen during gameplay of their software?

Only asking because the advertisements that appear during their game could potentially be misconstrued as endorsements by that development company. Kinda like if you were playing Uncharted 3 online and a soft drink ad pops up - could be seen as "Naughty Dog endorses Cola".

Obviously there are a lot worse things to be associated with and so I don't know if the adverts would need to be targeted ads dependent on the type of game you're playing e.g. Razer gaming keyboard/mouse ad's while playing BF3 or upcoming sporting events for NBA2K or Fight Night etc.
    Last edited by saviour07; 05-30-2012 at 11:31 AM Reason: Formatting

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12