Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Sony Factories in Japan Closed Due to Earthquake and Tsunamis

Sponsored Links
    With news of the 8.9 magnitude earthquake and tsunamis in Japan, several Sony factories are currently closed as a result of the disaster.

To quote from Engadget (linked above): "Sony and Toyota have both stopped operations in their factories due to damage. Tragically, one Honda worker lost his life after a wall collapsed, while several Panasonic workers are said to have suffered minor injuries.

It remains to be seen exactly what impacts this will have on consumers, but Sony's closed factories were responsible for the production of Blu-ray discs and batteries, while the numerous automotive shutdowns could result in short-term shortages. This bad news sent stocks downward, with German share prices for Sony dropping 2.5 percent and Honda 4.5 percent.

We're still watching with concern to see what other impacts the resultant tsunamis could have, but for now we'll keep hoping for the best."

Sony Factories in Japan Closed Due to Earthquake and Tsunamis

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links

Unhappy

Sponsored Links
    I'm really sad for japan, I hope the people will be ok

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Indeed... also moved this to the main page now, and +Rep to Kiriller for the news.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Sad for the Japanese people and other good companies Happy for Sony's lost profits. May the gods strike against Sony again... but try to not to hurt the innocents next time

I wish em all luck.

+1 on your comment.

I've been watching all day, fell asleep at the monitor watching 4 different live streams, tragic day indeed.

And thanks for the rep Boss

My thoughts are with all those in Japan. In Australia we have a lot of natural disasters and can only begin to imagine how they are feeling today.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiriller View Post
    I've been watching all day, fell asleep at the monitor watching 4 different live streams, tragic day indeed.
    hey kriller which stream did you watched ?

Still have BBC on; [Register or Login to view links]

along with bunch of streams from cnn.com live (google it will guide you there) now its mostly repeat of the events, just waiting for more news to outflow and seeing how this nuclear reactor problems play out... cant believe all diesel generators failed in those powerplants :|

ps on the cnn website, click on the japanese channel stream, every beginning of the hour they have english version which has the most uptodate and i believe before other channels as well..

Wishing the people of Japan my deepest condolences for the lives lost and for everyone else affected by this disaster!

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News