Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sony Expands PlayStation Network ID, PSN Wallet to More Devices

Sponsored Links
    At CES 2010 in Las Vegas, Kaz Hirai confirmed Sony's plan to expand PlayStation Network beyond the PS3 and PSP to their other products, including Bravia televisions and VAIO laptops.

With over 38 million-strong in the PlayStation Network community, [Register or Login to view links] reports that Sony's premium video offerings will mimic Microsoft's Live Anywhere philosophy... a single user ID and password will work across all Sony products and services.

Additionally, the PSN virtual wallet can be used universally across Sony's services.

To quote: "To help facilitate the cross-proliferation of content across Sony's multiple devices, Hirai also announced the creation of a new division within Sony: the not-very-creatively named Sony Network Entertainment, Inc.

With this new initiative, expect the PSN logo to be far more ubiquitous than ever before."

Sony Expands PlayStation Network ID, PSN Wallet to More Devices

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Nice move from Sony. But i hope they will make the protection on the PSN accounts better. Because now they are easily cracked.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I really hate laptops specially the ones built by sony, personally I'm an apple fan and have my macbook and a hackintosh as a desktop. So the idea of a psn account on a vaio doesnt really interest me but having your psn account on you tv and watching your friends come online or offline while you watch shows could be great.

Maybe it could be cooler if they released this application for all current operating systems on computers other than locking it down to vaio computers. Having a cross-platform messenger would be kick ass but we can only hope and congrats to sony for trying new stuff. Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News