Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sony: Every Major Publisher is Interested in PlayStation Home

Sony's Home team has told GamesIndustry (linked above) that its online service is becoming the "perfect storm" for games publishers looking to interact directly with their consumers.

To quote: Three months after launch, and with the first tangiable user details being fed back to partners, publishers are now able to build more unique content for users, and turn that content in revenues.

"Every major publisher is interested in Home. Here you can speak directly to the PlayStation audience on the platform that your product is on," said Jack Buser, director of Home for Sony Computer Entertainment, in an exclusive interview published today.

"You have publishers and brands coming into Home looking to engage with an audience, but they also have the opportunity to generate revenue. It's a model that makes sense for everybody. It's kind of a perfect storm," he said.

Peter Edwards, director of the Home Platform Group at Sony, added that content creators are now looking at the future potential of the service, after a few months of creating standard software for Home.

"As is the way with most platforms, the first round of development is pretty safe. It works," he said.

"But people are getting the hang of how it works, and that's starting to come through in the content. We're just now seeing the next generation of content."

Sony hopes to show the potential of the service with first-party projects - such as the recently announced alternative reality game Xi - but ultimately it's up to publishers and developers to provide the majority of content for Home.

"We're providing some benchmark content to inspire and give ideas to other publishers about what's possible and what they could do," offered Edwards. "Xi is showing you that you can have something far-ranging and a bit outside the box, but ultimately achievable.

"We're not in the business of creating the content for the Home platform. We're creating that initial spark. Other developers and publishers take those examples and build on them," he added.

More PlayStation 3 News...

... its because Home rocks

Home is pretty cool, but it desperately needs more locations and stuff to do.

Quote Originally Posted by D3M0N2009 View Post
    Home is pretty cool, but it desperately needs more locations and stuff to do.
    Come on don't tell me you got bored of doing the robot on the dance floor!!! LOL

Home is good for advertising. I haven't touched Home ever since it went public (only got a beta invite for testing purposes). They should somehow link Trophies with Home, so that you can purchase or unlock stuff or something.

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by GZA1984 View Post
    Home is good for advertising. I haven't touched Home ever since it went public (only got a beta invite for testing purposes). They should somehow link Trophies with Home, so that you can purchase or unlock stuff or something.
    That's a REALLY GREAT idea...

G-1 Error - I have never been able to connect to Home.

Since Home beta went public. I have never been able to connect to it. The application launches, I agree to the terms, it downloads and updates purchases, but then the problem occurs.

It tries to connect to Harbour Studios for like a minute and the progress bar doesn't move. Then I get a G-1 error that it can't connect to the network.

I repeat the process over and over to see if the server is just too full but never get connected.

I'm on a gigabit network connected to a cable modem using Optimum online. The PS3 is set to NAT2 and is DMZ'ed on the router so no port forwarding should be needed.

I'm at a total loss and all of the other forums I've looked at... including Sony's official support site ... not a single thing referencing the G-1 issue other than a few other people with the same issue I have and no resolution.

Do any of you know of this error and how to fix it. I feel like I'm missing out on an awesome social experience. And yes... I do go outside to interact with real people.

-ZenTsang

Quote Originally Posted by GZA1984 View Post
    They where going to make a trophy room for everyone, which would contain 3d representations of the trophies, you can see a beta version of the room when they first announced Home in a press conference, hopefully it will come out soon.

Quote Originally Posted by zentsang View Post
    Since Home beta went public. I have never been able to connect to it. The application launches, I agree to the terms, it downloads and updates purchases, but then the problem occurs.

It tries to connect to Harbour Studios for like a minute and the progress bar doesn't move. Then I get a G-1 error that it can't connect to the network.

I repeat the process over and over to see if the server is just too full but never get connected.

I'm on a gigabit network connected to a cable modem using Optimum online. The PS3 is set to NAT2 and is DMZ'ed on the router so no port forwarding should be needed.

I'm at a total loss and all of the other forums I've looked at... including Sony's official support site ... not a single thing referencing the G-1 issue other than a few other people with the same issue I have and no resolution.

Do any of you know of this error and how to fix it. I feel like I'm missing out on an awesome social experience. And yes... I do go outside to interact with real people.

-ZenTsang
    Have you tried deleting the home content and redownloading it to see if the content is corrupted or not?
    Last edited by D3M0N2009; 04-01-2009 at 03:32 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Deleting content?

I have never tried deleting the content because I never knew that option existed.

So as an apparent n00b to Home ... how would I do that? I assume I have to go into Home and find some options or settings screen. Seeing how the main screen only shows the Home logo and a START option ... I might end up on an endless search. So any assistance would be massively helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by zentsang View Post
    I have never tried deleting the content because I never knew that option existed.

So as an apparent n00b to Home ... how would I do that? I assume I have to go into Home and find some options or settings screen. Seeing how the main screen only shows the Home logo and a START option ... I might end up on an endless search. So any assistance would be massively helpful.
    It's just like deleting installed game content, go across to game and go into game data, and delete the Home content, then you will be able to re-download it when you load up home.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast