Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Sony Details Update on PSN Service Outages, Possible Attacks

Sponsored Links
    Today SCEE Blog Manager James Gallagher alongside Senior Director Patrick Seybold via the [Register or Login to view links] have posted update details on the PSN service outages, stating outside attacks may be a possible cause.

To quote: I wanted to take this opportunity to clarify a point and answer one of the most frequently asked questions today.

There’s a difference in timing between when we identified there was an intrusion and when we learned of consumers’ data being compromised. We learned there was an intrusion April 19th and subsequently shut the services down. We then brought in outside experts to help us learn how the intrusion occurred and to conduct an investigation to determine the nature and scope of the incident. It was necessary to conduct several days of forensic analysis, and it took our experts until yesterday to understand the scope of the breach. We then shared that information with our consumers and announced it publicly this afternoon.

For those who were looking there’s also an FAQ with some more [Register or Login to view links]. Thank you for your continued patience and support.

I know you are waiting for additional information on when PlayStation Network and Qriocity services will be online. Unfortunately, I don’t have an update or timeframe to share at this point in time.

As we previously noted, this is a time intensive process and we’re working to get them back online quickly. We’ll keep you updated with information as it becomes available. We once again thank you for your patience.

We sincerely regret that PlayStation Network and Qriocity services have been suspended, and we are working around the clock to bring them both back online.

Our efforts to resolve this matter involve re-building our system to further strengthen our network infrastructure. Though this task is time-consuming, we decided it was worth the time necessary to provide the system with additional security.

We thank you for your patience to date and ask for a little more while we move towards completion of this project. We will continue to give you updates as they become available.

An external intrusion on our system has affected our PlayStation Network and Qriocity services. In order to conduct a thorough investigation and to verify the smooth and secure operation of our network services going forward, we turned off PlayStation Network & Qriocity services on the evening of Wednesday, April 20th.

Providing quality entertainment services to our customers and partners is our utmost priority. We are doing all we can to resolve this situation quickly, and we once again thank you for your patience. We will continue to update you promptly as we have additional information to share.

As you are no doubt aware, the current emergency outage is continuing this afternoon and all Sony Online Network services remain unavailable.

Our support teams are investigating the cause of the problem, including the possibility of targeted behaviour by an outside party. If the reported Network problems are indeed caused by such acts, we would like to once again thank our customers who have borne the brunt of the attack through interrupted service.

Our engineers are continuing to work to restore and maintain the services, and we appreciate our customers' continued support.

While we are investigating the cause of the Network outage, we wanted to alert you that it may be a full day or two before we're able to get the service completely back up and running.

Thank you very much for your patience while we work to resolve this matter. Please stay tuned to this space for more details, and we'll update you again as soon as we can.

For further information, please refer to updates on PlayStation.com our [Register or Login to view links] twitter feed.

Finally, for those wondering PSN error 80710A06 simply means "Issue with the system: The PlayStation 3 system encounted an issue" according to Sony's [Register or Login to view links].

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Yeah, "hackers" are now the convenient scapegoat for everything. Sony is going to have a field day being an innocent victim every time they screw up or feel like changing things.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Convenient scapegoat?? Sure... This looks like the work of some group targeting Sony. But its us consumers that get screwed.

I support the ps3 hacking scene, but I do not support his. I hope they find who is responsible and make sure they are punished appropriately.

Exclamation

Although it's common sense for most users, this is something to be cautious about: playstation.systemlink.me/2011/04/anonymous-claim-giving-credit-card.html
    According to their site, AnonOps.net, Anonymous will allow the usage of PSN to anyone who submits their credit card details.

On their 'channels' page, it states;

#OpSony (webchat)
    Submitting credit card details will allow you to use PSN again

While this should be taken with a mountain of salt, as it's very hard to tell what's real and what's fake with the infamous internet hacktivists, it does suggest Anonymous are behind the PSN downtime. We are attempting to contact an Anonymous representative for a comment.

We should also point our that you should never, ever give out anything personal to anyone, ever. That's just basic science.

I feel like Sony has been getting destroyed by hackers lately and it is getting way out of hand, look messing around with your own ps3 is one thing but ruining everyones fun is just a jerk move

"submits their credit card details"? to who? them? lol, talk about fraud..

it's a joke lol, anonymous isn't behind it, they've just been getting the blame all day.

ughh man i wanted to play socom 4 and mortal kombat online... unlucky

It can take 2 days lol:
    While we are investigating the cause of the Network outage, we wanted to alert you that it may be a full day or two before we’re able to get the service completely back up and running. Thank you very much for your patience while we work to resolve this matter. Please stay tuned to this space for more details, and we’ll update you again as soon as we can.
    Ok i'm out here, back to playing Portal 2 on PC

screw anonymous! I may support the war on Sony, but don't mess with the psn...

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News