Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Anonymous have strongly denied being behind these attacks & the data theft. Anonymous were only behind the DDoS attacks which are unrelated to the data theft, again reread Sonys response.
    7. Have you identified the individual(s) responsible for the breach?
    No.
    Sony have only said the DDoS attacks made it easier for the server intrusion to go undetected, the rest is all hype and has been taken out of context. I suggest rereading the original documents and press releases again and not the media's interpretation of the releases, nowhere do Sony actually blame anonymous for the theft

Also a shiny new breach for Sony, data stolen containing names and addresses of 25000 sweepstakes competition entrants from 2001: [Register or Login to view links]

I wonder how they're going to justify storing that info for 10 years
    Last edited by barrybarryk; 05-07-2011 at 02:56 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Like all the other stuff they are still struggling to justify doing, its really just a bunch of hooey that they have all this info anyways, and they are not securing it better...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    ""7. Have you identified the individual(s) responsible for the breach?
    No. ""

i take it as they haven't the names of the people, because they are anonymous, LOL

Anonymous is anonymous, they have no 'leader', it defies the whole point of them. Any one person can say they acted on behalf of anonymous for any reason.

When someone in anonymous says it wasn't them it means it wasn't talked about between 1000's of people in a IRC chat before hand. Which makes sense as it is just a limited number of people that need to be involved.

People that 'represent' anonymous and are present in their IRC channels are mostly of limited hacking experiance and are normally teens off 4chan. Whoever did this also did it for personal gain, not to help 'consumers' as anon said was the reason for the attack.

What they fail to understand is that this hurts consumers not helps. The fact is that the average PS3 owner does not care about homebrew/cfw, they do not care about linux, they do not care about geohot or anyone else Sony is suing, they do not care about backups. They DO care about PSN, their CC details, the economy and their privacy.

I think I talk on behalf of a large chunk of the PS3 population in saying that geohot, other PS3 hackers, anonymous and people running CFW on their PS3 have negatively effected our PS3, the gaming experience and more (the financial pressure Sony is under has already forced them to sack some people).

So thank you (sarcasm intended)! It's just a shame that this ego-driven PS3 'scene' does not seem to notice or care about the average person, just themselves and trying to 'get one over' the PUBLIC COMPANY that is Sony. I emphasize public company because most of these same people seem to forgot Sony is a PUBLIC company. Not a single person, it is owned by normal people, normal people work there and all the time normal people come and go.

well it's sad, but hopefully sony Inc. will figure out that it might be better to stick to running their server as a "value added feature" inherent in their very marketable product, which of course has that feature rolled into it's retail pricing scheme, than it is to try to operate an online flea market.

After all... who's fault is it that there is even on online database of credit card numbers and names acting as a carrot for internet nasties.

I do know that I made the choice of ps3 versus the 360 based on the "free" (rolled into the retail price) playstation network, and now I've got two pre/early teens here whining constantly, because it seems that sony is unable to effectively provide the service that sealed my (and who knows how many others) purchasing choices.

Now comes the big question folks, regardless of the details, sony owes the entire playstation network community a great debt.
    How will they make good on this?

More importantly, how will they assure that this doesn't happen again?

I really feel like its been an eternity without th psn, I know not everything is about playing but its feels like forever, hurry sony

Of course anonymous is behind it. They even said the first attack wasn't enough and now they will take further actions to get Sony's attention.

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by elser1 View Post
    I've had a real change of heart about this now.. if this was anonymous attack and not cyber thieves, then its quite brilliant really.. it exposes sony as the idiots they are,cost them billions of dollars,ruins there reputation,loses them customers and as anonymous claims they didnt steal info anyway.. hahahaha sony.. brilliant absolutely brilliant..

i don't mind so much now if its anonymos and the info wasnt stolen.. a month or 2 with no psn is fine if its costing saony billions.. i'll just catch up on all the games i have to finish offline and get the trophies.. at least i can update my games now..
    Yeah, Anonymous

1- just did it 4 teh lulz,
    2- just did it to make Sony jelly... hurr,
    3- just wanted to prove that WE have the power to stand up against any company &
    4- they be trollin' sony ...LULZ (aka. saying they'd hack the PSN and then it happens... but they say they didn't do it... so yeh, sony is getting trololollololol'd [which then means sony is mad... lol])
    Last edited by DemonoidMaster; 05-08-2011 at 10:49 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Arrow Sony Expects PSN Services to be Fully Restored by May 31, 2011

Update: The [Register or Login to view links] has now posted the following message regarding their PSN restoration timeline update, to quote:

"I know you all want to know exactly when the services will be restored. At this time, I can’t give you an exact date, as it will likely be at least a few more days. We’re terribly sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience as we work through this process."

Today Bloomberg (linked above) reports that Sony expects PSN services, including Qriocity, to be fully restored by May 31, 2011.

To quote: "Sony Corp.'s PlayStation Network and Qriocity online services remain shut as of today, Shigenori Yoshida, a Tokyo-based spokesman said. Sony is uncertain when it can resume the services, Yoshida said by phone today.

The company is in the process of adopting an improved security system and its plan to restart the services fully by May 31 is unchanged, he said. Sony shut down the PlayStation Network and Qriocity services April 20 because of possible data theft by hackers.

The maker of PS consoles had planned to restart partial operations within a week after boosting the level of security system, the company said May 1."

Sony Expects PSN Services to be Fully Restored by May 31, 2011

More PlayStation 3 News...

Capcom losing money due to psn outage

Seems like larger game companys are starting to feel the Psn outage.. quote from Sven (exec at Capcom)

"I'm frustrated and upset by it for a number of reasons.

As a consumer, I also play games online on PS3, which I can't do... and likely my personal information is also compromised. Secondly I like to buy things in the PlayStation store and that I can't do right now.

On a related note, as an executive responsible for running a business, the resulting outage obviously costing us hundreds of thousands, if not millions of dollars in revenue that were planned for within our budget. These are funds we rely on to bring new games to market for our fans.

In short, the hackers appear to be trying to "punish" Sony for some perceived injustice, and they've been effective in that I suppose. But they're also punishing millions of other consumers and businesses which makes it impossible to be sympathetic to their "cause"."

[Register or Login to view links]

Sponsored Links

Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News