Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    this company is run by a bunch of complete and utter funk wits...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    haha why do so many people think it wasn't Anonymous? Do you forget that only a few weeks ago Anonymous openly proclaimed that they were going to war with sony?

I'd like to think that of course it was Anonymous.. but they deny it anyway.. as I would expect them to.. The thing some of you are not fully appreciating is that the whole idea behind calling themselves Anonymous is that they're all fully confident that everything they plan and do will be executed in such a way that they'll always remain anonymous..

They are making Sony look like fools and I bet you nothing will ever happen with the stolen data because using that would be way too risky to someone that wishes to remain anonymous and these guys have principles.

Anyway.. most of them I'm sure. They've hit Sony hard enough without too much collateral to the users. At least for those of us that have known that Sony had it coming for the way they've behaved in the last 6 months.. we won't let a month without PSN affect our enjoyment of watching this sweet revenge unfold before us

wtg anon.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    If Anonymous had nothing to do with the attack maybe Sony put that file on their own server, you know for the Lulz.

Arrow Anonymous denies involvement in PlayStation Network credit card theft

Today's update, as expected Anonymous has denied Sony's accusations. From: venturebeat.com/2011/05/05/anonymous-denies-psn-outage/
    Hacktivism group Anonymous, which routinely attacks major corporations and takes up political causes, said today it is not responsible for the theft of sensitive information and credit card data from Sony’s Playstation Network (PSN) online gaming network.

“If a legitimate and honest investigation into credit card theft is conducted, Anonymous will not be found liable,” the group stated in a press release.

“While we are a distributed and decentralized group, our ‘leadership’ does not condone credit card theft,” the group stated in a press release. “We are concerned with the erosion of privacy and fair use, the spread of corporate feudalism, the abuse of power and the justifications of executives and leaders who believe themselves immune personally and financially for the actions they undertake in the name of corporations and public office.”

It’s true that the theft does not fit the modus operandi of Anonymous, which is usually concerned with disrupting companies that get in the way of free speech and political causes. But it’s important to note that Anonymous does not directly deny involvement in the attack on the PSN in the announcement — it only denies involvement in the credit card and information theft.

Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

2tJJ2.jpg  

Hmmm. Interesting point there boss. I guess until proper evidence is presented we can only speculate, but I'm siding with Anon. for now, as I've just about had enough of their garbage. That's one hell of a compensation plan... LOL. I believe next generation I will go with another console manufacturer perhaps?

I stick by my earlier argument, we gamers should be handed management over of the company, set up a PS3 Gaming Union or something. I for one, would be very interested to see exactly how a company co-operating directly with the consumer in a partnership would work out.
    Last edited by xUb3rn00dlEx; 05-05-2011 at 10:09 PM

Banned User
    But it’s important to note that Anonymous does not directly deny involvement in the attack on the PSN in the announcement — it only denies involvement in the credit card and information theft.
    Seems like it could be what I predicted, anon did do it, but never actually took any information. They just made it look that way so Sony would go through all the trouble they are now as if the data was stolen.

If that's the case, it is pretty ingenious. Plus this is better for all the PSN/SOE users with legit personal info and CC info, because if it was anon and they never took it, then we don't need to worry about potential ID theft or CC fraud (at least not from this particular attack anyway).

Arrow Service Restoration Update

As a follow-up to yesterday's PSN updates and [Register or Login to view links] due to stolen data that has since [Register or Login to view links], Sony's Senior Director of Corporate Communications & Social Media Patrick Seybold has posted another brief PlayStation Network update as follows:

As you may know, we’ve begun the process of restoring the service through internal testing of the new system.

We’re still working to confirm the security of the network infrastructure, as well as working with a variety of outside entities to confirm with them of the security of the system. Verifying the system security is vital for the process of restoration. Additional comprehensive system checks and testing are still required, and we must complete that process before bringing the systems online.

As you’ve heard us say, our utmost priorities are the security of the network and ensuring your data is safe. We won’t restore the services until we can test the system’s strength in these respects.

When we held the press conference in Japan last week, based on what we knew, we expected to have the services online within a week. We were unaware of the extent of the attack on Sony Online Entertainment servers, and we are taking this opportunity to conduct further testing of the incredibly complex system.

We know many of you are wanting to play games online, chat with your friends and enjoy all of the services PlayStation Network and Qriocity services have to offer, and trust me when I say we’re doing everything we can to make it happen. We will update you with more information as soon as we have it. We apologize for the delay and inconvenience of this network outage.

PSN Service Restoration Update, Internal Testing Underway

More PlayStation 3 News...

Thanks for the update, all i can say is hurry up ya bastards..

LOL

Thank you psn for somewhat forcing me to try xbl. I finally gave my free trial a spin. Might have to purchase an active membership at the rate Sony is going.

STOP wanking about how long PSN is out lol... What you rather have?? PSN that is lousy and not safe? Or PSN that is fun and safe?

We will get PSN next week when the testing goes well. The main problem is that it's not just PSN thats at stake here... but also their movie and music system. Until all is safe and secure they will get PSN up!

Btw the welcome back package is gonna be a nice one.

Sponsored Links
Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News