Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I just got a SOE email too, ppft kind of makes me glad all my details are false given they've now lost them twice.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    LOL Barry.. stupid me used real stuff and hasn't gotten 1 email at all.. slack prix.. oh well if psn is up by sun i'll play again.. if not goodbye sony, monday i'm buying 360!!

Sponsored Links

Class Action Lawsuits against Sony

Sponsored Links
    Due to PSN being down and the data that has been compromised, Sony is now facing many lawsuits from various countries:

[Register or Login to view links]

All because people want to be able to backup games. In my view, I believe the majority of people don't have the money to pay for the high cost of video games and Sony wouldn't be loosing out anyways. Many games are garbage and at $50-60, I wouldn't want even if I got them for free. I do support the good games and recommend everyone to do so. Both Microsoft and Nintendo look like they're not bothering to waste the time and money to combat this.

As far as I can remember this started out with emulators for the PC and mod-chips for PS1.

Sony’s Response to the U.S. House of Representatives

Today Sony's Senior Director of Corporate Communications & Social Media Patrick Seybold has posted an update on their PSN response to the U.S. House of Representatives via the PlayStation Blog.

To quote: Today, the Subcommittee on Commerce, Manufacturing and Trade of the U.S. House of Representatives Committee on Energy and Commerce held a hearing in Washington, DC on “The Threat of Data Theft to American Consumers.”

Kazuo Hirai, Chairman of the Board of Directors of Sony Computer Entertainment America, submitted written answers to questions posed by the subcommittee about the large-scale, criminal cyber-attack we have experienced. We wanted to share those answers with you (click [Register or Login to view links]).

In summary, we told the subcommittee that in dealing with this cyber attack we followed four key principles:

1. Act with care and caution.
    2. Provide relevant information to the public when it has been verified.
    3. Take responsibility for our obligations to our customers.
    4. Work with law enforcement authorities.

We also informed the subcommittee of the following:
    • Sony has been the victim of a very carefully planned, very professional, highly sophisticated criminal cyber attack.
    • We discovered that the intruders had planted a file on one of our Sony Online Entertainment servers named “Anonymous” with the words “We are Legion.”
    • By April 25, forensic teams were able to confirm the scope of the personal data they believed had been taken, and could not rule out whether credit card information had been accessed. On April 26, we notified customers of those facts.
    • As of today, the major credit card companies have not reported any fraudulent transactions that they believe are the direct result of this cyber attack.
    • Protecting individuals’ personal data is the highestpriority and ensuring that the Internet can be made secure for commerce is also essential. Worldwide, countries and businesses will have to come together to ensure the safety of commerce over the Internet and find ways to combat cybercrime and cyber terrorism.
    • We are taking a number of steps to prevent future breaches, including enhanced levels of data protection and encryption; enhanced ability to detect software intrusions, unauthorized access and unusual activity patterns; additional firewalls; establishment of a new data center in an undisclosed location with increased security; and the naming of a new Chief Information Security Officer.
    • We told the subcommittee about our intent to offer complimentary identity theft protection to U.S. account holders and detailed the “Welcome Back” program that includes free downloads, 30 days of free membership in the
    • PlayStation Plus premium subscription service; 30 days of free service for Music Unlimited subscribers; and extending PlayStation Plus and Music Unlimited subscriptions for the number of days services were unavailable.

We are working around the clock to have some PlayStation Network services restored and we’ll be providing specific details shortly. We hope this update is helpful to you, and we will continue to keep you posted as we work to restore our network and provide you with both the entertainment and the security you deserve.

Sony's Response on PSN to the U.S. House of Representatives

More PlayStation 3 News...
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

5687533298_132412ce03_b.jpg   5687532568_0b99aa61b3_b.jpg   5686965323_1b4ff57977_b.jpg   5686962975_59a6e546bf_b.jpg   5686963661_15ba67f1d0_b.jpg   5687532796_6d2c33acd3_b.jpg  

5687531722_2609ef181e_b.jpg   5687530922_a7e4518609_b.jpg  

Is Anonymous really going to attack the servers and leave their slogan on the Sony server? That is a stupid move on their part, If they did which i highly doubt.

well how about they start finding the keys for 3.56+ instead of apparently stealing all our personal info.

if it was members from anonymous they'd have posted the info publicly same as their ACS Law & HB Gary hacks, as it's pretty much all anonymous believe in. So even if it was someone who thinks they're anonymous they really haven't got a clue what anonymous are all about.

Thanks for the update j3edi, I have promoted it to the main page now and +Rep!

Thanks for your thanks. Been on the site for a while now, Mainly just browsing the forums.

Will try to contribute a bit more from now on. Great site with a great community, Keep up the good work.

Government: We demand answers Sony!
    Sony: You'll wait like everyone else.
    Government: WTF!?!

I think that pretty much sums this up.

Sponsored Links
Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News