1. You can re-set your password on any of your activated PS3s ... e.g. NOT the "first one" you've might have used to create the actual PSN account. ("Active" does not equal "create")
2. You can use the email verification instead as well.
This is quite logical as:
- loads of users are already on second or more PS3
- some PSN account were created on the web
- some PSN account were never even used on PS3 ... could be just on PSP or for the web / forum / blog access
Some people really need to spend at least a few seconds of reading / thinking before posting rubbish (on the blog there I mean)
As there seems to be a LOT of confusion about this and well heated debate at US blog - for all those in a doubt: