Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 19 of 35 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by azaxsyn View Post
    so the credit card info is safe, as I expected
    Yep - they're... safelly in the hands of intruders and organized crime. MUCH better off than in hands of Sony...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    so the credit card info is safe, as I expected, this has been blown out of all proportion by the media.
    Now given Sony themselves haven't said they're safe and instead have asked all users to check for themselves for suspicious activity I've no idea how you've jumped to that conclusion.

Stop waiting on Sony to say 'Your credit card details have been stolen from us' it's not going to happen, no one ever says that because legally they don't have to.

Instead worry that the haven't said they are safe and instead use evasive language that states 'they may have been stolen but really we don't have any idea and to avoid being embarrased by the inevitable posting of the stolen info cc details and all we're just going to say it's a possibility'.

If your credit card details were safe Sony would be the first to come right out with an all singing all dancing press release catagorically stating they haven't been stolen as it'd be in their best interest to do so! Use your head and read between the lines.
    Last edited by barrybarryk; 04-28-2011 at 06:35 AM Reason: typo

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    The credit card info may have been stolen THOUGH it is encrypted. Of course you still should check your credit details via Bank/Card company to make sure nothing happens.

but what about the people that have posted things like: i have 1c transactions and there one with 70pounds 70 pounds 70 pounds etc and all that.. i couldn't look thru all the postings again to find them but i did definately read them..

i also haven't gotten email from sony yet and i used my debit card to buy game 1 or 2 weeks before this.. maybe cause i'm australian.. LOL

Lmao

Quote Originally Posted by GrandpaHomer View Post
    Yep - they're... safelly in the hands of intruders and organized crime. MUCH better off than in hands of Sony...
    Epic LMAO

You sir, are my hero
    so the credit card info is safe, as I expected, this has been blown out of all proportion by the media.
    Really? I've been watching and reading the media, and I haven't noticed it being blown out of proportion, but rather being heavily one sided. I live in the US, so our media is bull as it is, but NOT ONCE have I seen the media placing blame on Sony's lack of security care and encryption methods.

Nope, rather, all the stories that are being published are about how hacking groups have managed to circumvent "security" (I LOL at this each time) and steal data. Where's the story on why it was so easy to do so to 77 million people?

Thumbs Down

Sony is really the worst company ever.

I always look forward to your posts - 9 times in 10 they make me chuckle!

Re "the media blowing it out of proportion" - Personally i don't think they've done enough to highlight this.

"Oooo bad hackers": Yes and no - hackers in general are NOT the problem it's those with criminal intentions. Saying "hackers" are all evil is like saying all american's are evil, or everyone with asian skin tone are evil (etc etc). Its narrow minded stupidity - Sure SOME hackers are "evil" but only a small percentage.

Would be better off stating that due to lack of sufficient security precautions sony have given away all this data.

Oh and sony's email is very well written but CLEARLY shows that they think CC info HAS been compromised (well that's how mine reads anyway).

Can't wait to see a lawsuit in the UK - might even participate. I think its disgusting that large companies like this (think they) can get away with this kind of thing.

Anyway - i guess i'll be looking forward to the new offerings from Nintendo/Microsoft next gen!

i still havent gotten email from the dogs yet.. i dont even be 100% as to the email address i used updated to this new one or what.. would like to change my password but can't... this really is pathetic, beyond a joke, and sony are crap...

Q&A #2 for PlayStation Network and Qriocity Services

As a follow-up to yesterday's Q&A #1 comes part two from Sony's Senior Director of Corporate Communications & Social Media Patrick Seybold, as follows:

Yesterday, we addressed a number of your questions relating to the malicious intrusion into our network. As we get closer to restoration of service, here are more answers to your questions, many of which are more gaming related:

Q: Will our download history/friends list/settings be affected by the PSN downtime?
    A: No, they will not.

Q: Will trophies that were earned in single-player offline games during the outage be intact when the service resumes?
    A: These trophies are intact and will be re-synched when the network is once again operational.

Q: Will my PS+ cloud saves be retrievable?
    A: Yes, once PSN is restored.

Q: What if we have a subscription to PS3 MMOs DC Universe Online or Free Realms? Will we get compensation for that?
    A: From Sony Online Entertainment: “We apologize for any inconvenience players may have experienced as a result of the recent service interruption. As a global leader in online gaming, SOE is committed to delivering stable and entertaining games for players of all ages.

To thank players for their patience, we will be hosting special events across our game portfolio. We are also working on a “make good” plan for players of the PS3 versions of [Register or Login to view links] and [Register or Login to view links]. Details will be available soon on the individual game websites and forums.”

Q: Will there be a goodwill gesture for the time we haven’t been able to utilize PSN/Qriocity?
    A: We are currently evaluating ways to show appreciation for your extraordinary patience as we work to get these services back online. Thank you for your continued feedback.

In related news, the [Register or Login to view links] reports that a House of Representatives subcommittee sent a letter (PDF) to Sony on Friday asking for information about the attack on the Sony Playstation Network by hackers last week that has affected 77 million registered users.

The letter, which was addressed to Mr. Kazuo Hirai, chairman of Sony, asked the company to answer a detailed list of questions related to the intrusion and they are seeking a reply by May 6, 2011.

Finally, SCEE Blog Manager James Gallagher [Register or Login to view links] that PlayStation Network accounts will not be reset following the outage that has last approximately 1 week. To quote:

"We’re not resetting accounts or anything like that, so when PSN is restored and you log on, everything will be as you left it. When PSN is restored, friends lists, trophies and wallet funds will all be exactly as they were before."

Sony's Q&A #2 for PlayStation Network and Qriocity Services

More PlayStation 3 News...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sponsored Links
Page 19 of 35 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News