Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Unhappy I hate to say it BUT...

Sponsored Links
    I TOLD everyone, and have been telling everyone for years!

My experience with Sony comes from a very different perspective, far from the gaming industry but just as relevant when it comes to Sony being stupid and irresponsible towards their clients.

I have been in the film and television industry for over 25 years. My first experiences with Sony commercial camera gear started back
    during the 1988 Winter Olympics in Calgary.

Sony had a bit of a strangle hold on the media industry with their BetaCam format cameras. We were often dropping $35,000.00 to $50,000.00 per camera in those days, pretty much the same as what suckers are dropping for them today.

Let me tell you something, "Sony", is just four little letters, it's just a name and nothing more than that, it's an exercise in marketing and stands for absolutely NOTHING!

When it comes to customers Sony doesn't give a damn! For many years I saw Corporate giants like the CBC, CTV, Canwest Media and many other large international broadcasting entities fight with Sony in an attempt to get them to deliver the "Performance" from the products they promised would perform a certain way upon shipping.

Unfortunately I never once, NOT ONCE, witnessed Sony come through on it's technological promises, and that's for Billion dollar broadcasters! Imagine how they feel about piddly ant little consumers like you! They could care less!

What Sony does instead of correcting a problem is they introduce a "NEW" product or service and "Charge" you for it! Rather than deliver the functionality they promised in the first place.

A large portion of the components you find in Sony products are NOT made by Sony! Sony is Just a NAME not a manufacturer by any stretch of the imagination. They may have been at one time but not any more!

Sony products fall far short of what a consumer can expect technologically in relation to what other electronics companies now offer.

The reality behind Sony is this, DO NOT expect quality, SONY DOES NOT = QUALITY, this is a myth propagated by hype pushed through the marketing engine that Sony operates.

Walmart treats their customers better than Sony does, Sony has nothing but contempt for their clients. If your looking for sympathy, understanding or fair treatment by a Corporation with it's mind set on profits then I suggest you go take a course at "Everest College", your future may depend on it.

Sony is the Bleeped out part of the well known term (Cluster) A well deserved four letter equivalent term which expresses my true feelings for this Company. They have no business being in Business.

Someone I know recently dropped 10K for a commercial grade Sony HD camera. I warned him, warned him at least 20 times to look at alternates like JVC or Panasonic. But NO, he insisted on Sony because it was the "In" name in Commercial broadcasting, which it isn't,
    and has not been for many years, he was blinded by Sony Betacams currently losing favor and market share.

He bought his camera only to discover that the camera only records audio on a single channel! Despite assurances that his $10K was buying him a camera that recorded on 4 audio channels, BUT NO, SONY LIED, and now he's stuck with a 10K camera that Sony
    refuses to take back, but hold on a minute now, Sony just came out with a multi track recording module for his camera, it costs $1,800.00!

For $10K, Sony does not even have the decency to offer a camera body with an interchangeable lens mount dock! Go figure.

The last Item I Pruchased from Sony was in 1999. Some of you may remember the first digital camera portable called the Sony Mavica, it recorded JPEGs onto floppy discs. A month, 1 MONTH, after dropping $2K CASH for this camera Sony came out with a new,
    cheaper, higher capacity recording camera similar to the mavica. What did the Sony store say to me when I came back in, they said, OH, Sorry, we can not offer an exchange or return.

When asked why they didn't tell me about the new camera that was coming out their answer was simply astounding to me. It's an answer you have all heard time and time again from this company, I don't think I need to repeat it.

Over the years, in my position as a broadcast executive, I have had the unpleasant task of having to deal with Sony Cronies at the highest levels of the marketing and purchasing chains.

Sony has always been less than stellar in Everything they do at any level, that includes high ticket corporate equipment sales. This is a company I will NEVER trust again! I have been privvy to many of their dirty bait and switch tactics and capitalistic strategies and I know better without a doubt.

As a young generation I think it's important for your to understand that a brand name like "Sony" is just that, a brand name only, it does not imply how you will be treated or how you product will perform, it's just a marketing vehicle designed to get at your money, nothing more.

The fact that "Sony" did not act proactively to protect your information on the backend does not surprise me one bit. Sony would rather rush to market with an unpolished service or product and deal with the fallout IF and WHEN it happens, like now for example.

Always remember, simply stated, Sony is a four letter word.

Current Stock for Sony:NASDAQ - $28.95 ↓0.84↓ -2.82% Trending down heavily, going bullish.

A very frustrating and terribly inept company to deal with.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Wow 0_0

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    OMG haha that's so fake. It's like "dunathra" the wowGM that is warning you

Quote Originally Posted by weii View Post
    Someone, from PSN leginaore comitee?! (he misspelled committee)
    That part alone should have been enough for you to just stop reading but yes Sony and Playstation fanboys will blame everyone involved in 'console hacking' because... well they aren't that bright, just disregard it.

Eh i kinda loled at all of this post!

Title: I hate to say it BUT...
    Name poster: ToldYouso...

haha

But seriously. Sony for god sake is the real victim here!

Hi Daedalus:

Unfortunately, I have had to deal with Sony for many years, the last year I ever dealt with them was 1999. I thought that maybe my Consumer experience would be different but it turned into frustration, and this time it was MY money we were talking about not CTVs deep pockets.

I learned my lessons early, every time I compare a current Sony product to an equivalent I always end up choosing the equivalent because it has better options, a better price, and or, simply a better rep than the Sony product.

I always wondered why people chose consoles over full out computers? What is it about consoles that is so attractive? Computers are much more flexible and useful. And your not pigeon holed into dealing with a single company.

What concerns me is the future generations falling into the clutches of companies like this that captivate young minds and extract a financial toll from them quite haphazardly. What I mean by (Haphazardly) is precisely what is happening now with this hacking incident.

A professional corporation would have secured and encrypted back end data instead of letting it float around loosely in the background.

Just a note of caution for those who continue to Swear by Sony. Please do some research on your own, Google all of it, any of it, and find out who your dealing with.

An I sincerely hope none of you are affected by the data breach. The problem is not only bad for the consumer, Imagine how the credit
    card companies and banks feel at the prospect of having to re-issue over 70 Million credentials.

if this is just a "peaceful" protest why do they need my bank account details?

Quote Originally Posted by wilkinsonjohn99 View Post
    if this is just a "peaceful" protest why do they need my bank account details?
    Where did you read the "peaceful" protest from?

Just finished changing all my passwords to anything financial, just in case!

Update #2: [Register or Login to view links] has reported that Canadian Natasha Maksimovic has also filed suit (PDF) against Sony via McPhadden Samac Tuovi LLP for the recent PSN security breach.

Update: [Register or Login to view links] now reports that Sony's database may already be on sale in an online bazaar, stating that that low-level cybercriminals using "carder" online forums were offering to sell a database of 2.2 million credit-card numbers taken during the PlayStation Network breach.

As a result of yesterday's confirmation from Sony that PSN account information has been compromised, today class action lawsuits are forming against the corporation despite a [Register or Login to view links] that states Sony is not liable for loss of data.

To quote: "We exclude all liability for loss of data or unauthorised access to your data, Sony Online Network account or Sony Online Network wallet and for damage caused to your software or hardware as a result of using or accessing Sony Online Network," the terms state.

According to the documentation, the first of many defendants is Kristopher Johns, 36, of Birmingham, Alabama.

To quote from [Register or Login to view links]: "Sony sued for PlayStation Network data breach

Like clockwork, the first lawsuit resulting from the security breach of the personal data of more than 75 million Sony PlayStation Network customers has been filed.

The suit was filed today on behalf of Kristopher Johns, 36, of Birmingham, Ala., in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California. Johns accuses Sony of not taking "reasonable care to protect, encrypt, and secure the private and sensitive data of its users."

He also believes Sony took too long to notify him and other customers that their personal information had been exposed. Because of that, the complaint alleges, Sony did not allow its customers "to make an informed decision as to whether to change credit card numbers, close the exposed accounts, check their credit reports, or take other mitigating actions."

The lawsuit is asking for monetary compensation and free credit card monitoring, and is seeking class action status.

Yesterday, Sony warned customers of its PlayStation Network and Qriocity service that their personal information--including customer names, addresses, e-mail addresses, birthdays, PlayStation Network and Qriocity passwords, and user names, as well as online user handles--was obtained illegally by an "unauthorized person" between April 17 and 19. The company says there is "no evidence" that credit card information was compromised, but it can't be sure yet.

In the aftermath of the breach Sony has temporarily turned off PlayStation Network and Qriocity, contracted with an outside security firm to investigate the intrusion on its network, and started to rebuild its system and security.

Johns' complaint echoes the concerns of Sen. Richard Blumenthal, a Connecticut Democrat. Blumenthal yesterday wrote a letter to Jack Tretton, president and chief executive of Sony Computer Entertainment America, saying he was troubled that the company had not notified customers sooner about the breach. He also called for Sony to provide affected customers with financial data security services, including free access to credit reporting services for two years to protect against identity theft."

Also from [Register or Login to view links], to quote: "Sony Sued for PSN Security Breach - Class action lawsuit filed this morning against SCEA.

A class action lawsuit was filed against Sony a day after the company publicly admitted that personal information from PlayStation Network was compromised by a security breach. The lawsuit was filed by the Rothken Law Firm today in a California court and alleges Sony "failed to take reasonable care to protect, encrypt, and secure the private and sensitive data."

Yesterday, Sony said it believes an unauthorized person obtained PSN user information, including members' names, addresses, birthdays, and login passwords. The company said there was no evidence that credit card information was stolen, but did not rule out that possibility.

"We brought this lawsuit on behalf of consumers to learn the full extent of Sony PlayStation Network data security practices and the data loss and to seek a remedy for consumers. We are hopeful that Sony will take this opportunity to learn from the network vulnerabilities, provide a remedy to consumers who entrusted their sensitive data to Sony, and lead the way in data security best practices going forward," said Ira P. Rothken an attorney who filed the class action complaint.

"Sony's breach of its customers' trust is staggering. Sony promised its customers that their information would be kept private. One would think that a large multinational corporation like Sony has strong protective measures in place to prevent the unauthorized disclosure of personal information, including credit card information. Apparently, Sony doesn't," commented J.R. Parker, co-counsel in the case.

The lawsuit seeks monetary compensation for the data loss and "loss of use of the Sony PlayStation Network, credit monitoring, and other relief according to proof."

Sony Sued Over PSN Security Issues, PSN Terms Exclude Liability

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links

Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News