Sony Details PlayStation Plus Offer & Outlines Upcoming Content
Sony's PlayStation Network Product Manager James Thorpe has detailed a new PlayStation Plus offer today alongside upcoming content for September and October, 2010.
To quote: For all those who haven't signed up to Plus yet, here's just one more reason!
Sign up for a 1 year membership between the 1st September and 5th October and you will get all the great features of Plus AND a copy of the great PS3 game Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty, completely free and yours to keep forever.
"The mysterious Zoni have taken Clank! Now Ratchet must use his space-age weapons and new Omniwrench to battle Captain Darkwater's band of cut-throat ghost pirates to find the Fulcrum Star - a lost treasure that could be the link to finding his best friend."
Here's the list of great content that is available to Plus members from September 1st - October 5th
- PSN: Sam and Max: Devil's Playground (entire season)
- minis: Vector Tower Defense, Echoes
- PSOne Classic: Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee
- Full Game Trial: Warhawk (Plus exclusive 50% discount for Plus members on purchase), Inferno Pool
- Exclusive Discounts: LBP: Ico and Shadow of Colossus costume pack - 50%, Metal Gear Solid (PSOne) - 50%, Warhawk - 50%, Pixel Junk Shooter - 20%
- DLC: Exclusive UFC Undisputed 2010 DLC
- Dynamic themes: Exclusive PlayStation Move theme, Exclusive 'Fish Tank' theme
- Premium avatars: Eye Pet Blue Goalie Avatar, Eye Pet DJ Avatar
And here is what you can expect to see from the 6th October - 2nd November
- PSN: Street Fighter 2 HD Remix
- minis: Aero Racer, Yeti Sports
- PSOne Classic: Syphon Filter
- Full Game Trial: Gravity Crash (Plus exclusive 50% discount for Plus members on purchase), Hustle Kings (Plus exclusive 50% discount for Plus members on purchase)
- Exclusive Discounts: Burn Zombie Burn (inc. free exclusive Home item for Plus members who buy)
- Dynamic themes: Exclusive Move 'Start the Party' theme, Exclusive 'Halloween' theme
- Premium avatars: Pain: Jarvis and Le Toot Avavtars, SingStar: Wannabe and Rising Star Avatars
As before, you can rest assured this is not all that will be available each month; look out for some more exclusive, surprise treats, coming to Plus in September and October.
Hopefully there is plenty there to entertain you! As always, please feel free to tell me if there is anything in particular you would like to see in the Plus content list.
Enjoy all this and keep an eye out for some extra exclusive treats during the month!
Next week we will have a full game trial for the multiplayer classic, Warhawk. Download the full game trial and take to land and air in an all out war between the Eucadian and Chernovan armies. Also, get an early sneak peek at the newest God of War title, God of War: Ghost of Sparta. Answers will be revealed for the events between God of War and God of War II in Kratos’s newest PSP adventure.
As a friendly reminder, be sure to check out last month’s PlayStation Plus content, including a free copy of Aero Racers (think top-down WipEout) and sales on High Velocity Bowling and WipEout HD Fury DLC, before it gets taken down next Tuesday.
Not a PlayStation Plus member? Our limited time introductory offer is still available. Get three additional bonus months free when you buy a 1-year package for $49.99. You can find all the details here.
PlayStation Plus Highlights for 9/7:
Full Game Trial
Blast Off – mini – FREE
Early Access Game Demo
God of War: Ghost of Sparta (PSP Demo)
Ratchet & Clank Dynamic Theme (50%)
Last Chance, Get Them While You Can – Coming down next Tuesday (9/7):
Early Access Game Demo
Free Offers to PlayStation Plus Subscribers
• Minis: Aero Racer (original price – $2.99)
• Themes: Nebula Tunnels (original price – $1.99)
• Qore: August Episode (original price – $2.99)
Discount Offers to PlayStation Plus Subscribers
• Wipeout Fury HD DLC – 20% Off (PlayStation Plus Offer – $7.99, regular price – $9.99)
• High Velocity Bowling – 50% Off (PlayStation Plus Offer – $5.00, regular price – $9.99)
• Uncharted Eye of Indra comic bundle – 50% Off (PlayStation Plus Offer – $1.25, regular price $2.49)
When I first heard about Plus, I was thinking it would be a great deal. Now as more time has passed, and even seeing what they plan to release, I'm begining to regret my decision.
Almost 99% of what they've given Plus members is something I already had or just don't care about. Granted, I got Plus with the promise of getting into early betas (which still hasn't happened), and I'm still patiently waiting to see what happens there.
Without trying to sound too much like conspiracy theory, I really wonder who they intended Plus for? When it was first made public, there were tons of people complaining about the cost of it and refused to buy it. Naturally, people who had the disposable income would purchase it. However, these same type of people would have already bought what they've offered in Plus. So essentially, it's like Sony just taking more money from the people who were already spending a lot on PSN. I'm not sure if this is coincidence or purposeful deception.
While yes, I do have disposable income, I also have enough sense to know when something is a value or not. I put forth faith in Sony to deliver and so far, I haven't been impressed. If Sony wants my money again next year, they'll have to really step up what Plus members get, or they'll be lacking one less member.