Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    As the PS4 will be a different console I doubt it'll start at 4.00 it'll most probably start at 1.00 like at the start of everything.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I was looking through the "About PlayStation 3 (PS3)" screen (under System Settings) to see if it had anything related to Vita in there and I noticed something funny. At the bottom of the NetBSD section (which is rather long) there is "THE BEER-WARE LICENSE". Apparently the author only asks for beer in return. I sure hope Sony bought him a pint!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    they can put whatever stupid nos they want on it. why not 3.7300000001 or 3.74 etc. they are just geeks and that is the only ever way they can feel wanted or tough i guess.. LOL

all i care about is if e3 will still work.. or if its time for all the people who bought one to throw it in the bin, or complain for a refund.. LOL

ps what is beer ware license.. i prefer vodka myself but doubt sony would condone the use of drugs..yes alcohol is a drug.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    it's silly going to whole numbers because there are always bugs and then straight away everyone is on 4.01, same with the iphone.

Well I'm surprised that there still hasn't been a public 3.60+ exploit release. Also it doesn't really matter if the FW version is "4.00" or "3.74", imo it's just another stupid update.

Banned User
    yea to us with CFW it doesn't matter what the update is numbered as we wont be upgrading anyway. And with every update we keep wondering why the lame devs won't release a 3.60 exploit?

Even if 3.60CFW comes out we still cant get on PSN so it shouldn't piss off Sony that much but it will make all of us happier.

Even just the 3.60 keys would do for us. Release them and let others do the work.

Quote Originally Posted by HeyManHRU View Post
    Well I'm surprised that there still hasn't been a public 3.60+ exploit release. Also it doesn't really matter if the FW version is "4.00" or "3.74", imo it's just another stupid update.
    can you try the e3 flasher on 4.00 mate?

While I agree that most of the PS3 "updates" recently is pretty much useless (at least from user's point of view) as they're mainly trying to patch up all the holes but this one actually is major update as it brings overall support for Vita amongst some other minor improvements so IMO it warants the new major numbering as well.

I have no doubts in Sony though that they've most certainly managed to screw up this one in one way or another so we can all look forward to another update soon - will it be 4.00 (quiet) v2 or 4.01 or whatever ...

I agree with the most posts here. Yes, it's 4.0 because of the Vita support. But why did they add such "Health Warnings" now ? Isn't it pretty much useless now 5 years after the release of that console ?

And wasn't "British English" available all the time ? If not, it's really an embarrassing mistake on their side, not supporting every language of the most important language in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by CFWfanboy View Post
    why sony jump to 4th kind? where's 3.8 and 3.9 ? i thought 4.00 is for ps4.
    It's not a decimal point, it's a divisor between major and minor version numbers. So 4.0 is a major revision, but 3.8 to 3.9 is a minor. But since they went from 3.56 to 3.60, it should actually be 3.6.0 ( majorrevision.minorrevisio.bugfixrevision ).

From a consumer marketing point of view, adding vita support is a major revision. It might not differ much from an API or a security point of view.

And why would the PS4 get PS3 firmware? Version 2.0 wasn't for the PS2...

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News