Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Sony Considers LIVE Feature for PS3

Sponsored Links
    News around the net has this story out....

"Sony's plans for the new Playstation 3 game console will reportedly include an online service, possibly similar to the Xbox Live provided by Microsoft for the Xbox 360.

The Japanese game giant has begun distributing a questionaire to gamers regarding console online gaming. The questions are asking whether or not people find online play fun, and what kind of features they might like to be included in the PS3's Live service.

Some of the Sony's questions are listed below:

On a typical day, how often do you play games online?
    What is your preferred Online gaming format?
    What Online Gaming Formats do you own?
    A single identity and password for all online games?
    Global Lobbies allowing you to play against anyone in the world?
    Game Lobbies should be language based.
    A standard, interactive lobby structure for all games.
    Game Host has the ability to remove players?
    The ability to download music, game demos and other content?
    Ability to access the dedicated game forum whilst in game?
    Ability to access and manage your gaming profile via PC, PSP as well as PS3?
    The inclusion of a web browser.
    A specific lobby only for Adults.

The launch date of Sony's PS3 game console has been discussed lately, and some analysts have already predicted that Sony will not manage to deliver the console to the market in the Spring, as it was formally announced. Evan Wilson, an analyst at Pacific Crest Securities, has gone on record with a prediction of one million units available at the Japanese launch this summer, with another million making their way to America in time for Thanksgiving. If Wilson is right, the market could suffer from a shortage of the PS3 device. The reasons for such a delay could be the inclusion of a Blu-Ray reader in the game console, as well as the time Sony might need to make the software changes needed to support a networked gaming service."

PS3 in time for Turkey Day, I could live with a delay. Don't need a rushed system put out to market
    Last edited by Radiskull; 01-25-2006 at 05:14 PM

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Wow... I don't have an interest in playing games on-line myself, but it'd be nice to snag a PS3 by Thanksgiving. I agree, I'd rather wait until then versus getting a rushed out system.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I dont wana wait until Turkey Day for a few reasons. 1 is that I will have alot more time to play with my new toy durring the summer because in the fall I start college. 2 is that unless I hide a few hundred dollars of my money... it will have to go towards what i need for school.

Those are the major ones really but having a live type service would be good. You could find out when your friends were on and what they were playing. It would be cooler if you could even talk to them if you were say playing Killzone 2 and they were playing Madden 06.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Just a question for ANYONE to answer...What, exactly, is so great about 'LIVE'? I need an honest answer cause from what I hear, it ain't the greatest (unless you love Halo).

Quote Originally Posted by Ne0z
    Just a question for ANYONE to answer...What, exactly, is so great about 'LIVE'? I need an honest answer cause from what I hear, it ain't the greatest (unless you love Halo).
    All I see good about live is how they use only 1 username for all their accounts and they have one buddy list which allows people to see who's online and playing what. But the thing I dont like is having to pay for a game and then pay to play online. If I pay for Online I expect to get GOOD FREE games. I like how PC games you pay for the game then you have a general service which displays the servers runnning the game and you get to go online free.

All i want from sony for online, is 1 username for all games and a friends list showing what they are playing and if they are online...oh yea and chatting over a head set with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon
    All I see good about live is how they use only 1 username for all their accounts and they have one buddy list which allows people to see who's online and playing what. But the thing I dont like is having to pay for a game and then pay to play online. If I pay for Online I expect to get GOOD FREE games. I like how PC games you pay for the game then you have a general service which displays the servers runnning the game and you get to go online free.
    Yeah see that's pretty much my thing...I don't wanna pay either. I mean if I pay and there's STILL lag issues and cheaters then why should I cough out $$ for that?!? I like the PC and PS2 system, I pay enuff for the net as it is. I hope they @least keep it free. The 1 name and buddy list would be awesome.

if its free i wouldnt mind

I doubt it would be free and that would suck. If online gaming on the PS3 cost money I simply wouldnt play online. While it was funner IMO to play online, not enough to pay 70$ ish dollars for a game and then be charged monthly for it.

Quote Originally Posted by WOWchamp
    I doubt it would be free and that would suck. If online gaming on the PS3 cost money I simply wouldnt play online. While it was funner IMO to play online, not enough to pay 70$ ish dollars for a game and then be charged monthly for it.
    I agree totally sir...let's hope they keep it free

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News