Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Sony Confirms PS3 Firmware 3.40 Arrives June 22 and More!

Sponsored Links
    Update: According to both [Register or Login to view links] and [Register or Login to view links], Sony has confirmed that cross-game voice chat is currently not part of PlayStation Plus.

Today a sleuth from TheGamerAccess.com (linked above) has spotted as part of an E3 2010 press release confirmation by Sony that the rumored PS3 Firmware 3.40 update will arrive on June 22, 2010 and likely will include the long-awaited PS3 cross-game voice chat!

To quote from the Press Release: "PlayStation users can purchase PlayStation Plus membership through PlayStation Store on PS3 only.

Users need to install PS3 system software version 3.40, which will be released on June 22nd, to enjoy PlayStation Plus."

Finally, to further substantiate this news, on Sony's official Portugese Web site it states: "Cross-game Voice Chat: invite your friends to chat online no matter what game you're all playing, even if they aren't members of PlayStation Plus."

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Very cool news indeed, and +Rep for sharing it proskopina!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Does that mean only Playstation Plus users can initiate the Cross-Game Chat?, or anyone? (i know that all users can participate, but what about initiating?)

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Yea this better be true and we better get cross-game chat.

If I had to guess, it's true... but I suspect they may reserve cross-game voice chat for the Plus users. Here is to hoping it's not though...

Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    If I had to guess, it's true... but I suspect they may reserve cross-game voice chat for the Plus users. Here is to hoping it's not though...
    Well for a 3 month subscription i will try it and get back to you lol. I may consider doing a review of the positives and negatives of it because I along with many other people wonder if it is really worth it.

It's only a matter of time, I can see it now...Sony re-introduces Linux to users on a sign your name here (in blood) and pay us a fortune basis.

Extremely unlikely that linux will become available gain officially, but hey seems to be the way they're going - Firmware updates that mean f... all to the majority with good bits being provided for the people who're happy to be ripped off (again and again).

I hate to say it, but sometimes i wish i'd bought an Xbox.
    (Nah just kidding!)

PSPSwampy

p.s. Anyone else notice that the only bit that's in english on that 2nd image is the cross game voice chat - that seem a bit odd to anyone else?!!
    Last edited by PSPSwampy; 06-15-2010 at 09:43 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

the language on that 2nd image is not Portuguese...

Correct, the pic is from the source link and looks Dutch... but the OP also saw it on Sony's official Portugese Web site though which is why he mentioned it basically.

Also, in typical Sony fashion it seems that despite the screenshot above they are still denying cross-game voice chat according to PSU: [Register or Login to view links]
    UPDATE 2: A Sony rep has informed us that cross-game voice chat "was not announced as part of PlayStation Plus," which we understand as a 'no further information or direct comment at this time' sort of thing. Perhaps we'll hear more in the near future.

UPDATE: It appears all mention of voice chat has been removed from .playstation websites from other countries. We are checking in with Sony to see if this is a temporary removal, or if the feature is going away for good - or, we should say, before it even launched.

And will more than likely not only bring plus to the PS3, but also stop the HDD decryptors As is the way with nearly all Sony updates for it's console.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News