Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Sony Confirms Online Pass Included in All Future PSN Games

Sponsored Links
    While Online Pass for EA Sports titles is familiar, awhile back we reported that Sony was considering it for other PS3 titles followed by the introduction of PSN Pass for Resistance 3, and today Sony confirmed to Destructoid.com (linked above) that all future PSN games will include it.

To quote: "Following an [Register or Login to view links] from a Spanish Sony representative, Sony Computer Entertainment America has confirmed that an online pass will be included with Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception. Furthermore, we've been told that ALL upcoming Sony games that feature an online component will include one.

"Online Pass will be incorporated into Uncharted 3 and future Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studios (SCE WWS) games with online functionality," the company told Destructoid. "We will provide further information in the future."

So there you go. It's pretty much a given that if Sony's bringing out a game with multiplayer, you're going to have to input a code. Lovely."

Sony Confirms Online Pass Included in All Future PSN Games

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    that's great.. i'd do the same.. it will stop pirated people online, unless they just buy the code but at least the devs may receive some money from that.. hood one sony. i for one agree with this!!!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I saw this coming also so it doesn't surprise me much... not sure how it will affect used game sales, which from what I've read Sony isn't too fond of anyway.

ahh good point boss!! well i must admit i was caught out by this... i bought nfs shift 2 unleashed from my local second hand store cheap with no cover or booklet.. i tried to play online and i needed a code.. it was like 16$ in aussie store n thats too dear.. i went to my local games shop, wrote down a code from the book in the store and it worked fine.. LOL

i guess its wrong but to do that because whoever buys it it wont work for them.. but theres always a way around a problem.. LOL

I have a feel it's more to mess with the sales of used games rather than to combat piracy.

its just another anti piracy scheme that is doomed to fail

Quote Originally Posted by elser1 View Post
    ahh good point boss!! well i must admit i was caught out by this... i bought nfs shift 2 unleashed from my local second hand store cheap with no cover or booklet.. i tried to play online and i needed a code.. it was like 16$ in aussie store n thats too dear.. i went to my local games shop, wrote down a code from the book in the store and it worked fine.. LOL

i guess its wrong but to do that because whoever buys it it wont work for them.. but theres always a way around a problem.. LOL
    Sorry but that's kind of messed up low.

Anyway, it did look like they were heading this direction to curb the second hand sales primarily, than as something to directly combat piracy.

Banned User
    I would only accept this if they include LAN multiplayer (offline multiplayer) into games which have multiplayer functions as the free PSN is becoming more like it's online subscription counterpart Xbox Live.

Confused

the only shop around here that sells used games is gamestop, and for only $5-$10 less than new anyway. I've vowed to never give them another penny of my money, but it would suck for someone else who buys a used game for $54.99 instead of $59.99. When they'd then have to buy a code for $10 and in the end pay more for a used copy than the value of a new copy.

Maybe it will drive the prices of used games down, though.
    Last edited by properBo; 10-03-2011 at 10:10 PM

Why would this be a way to combat piracy? All people on CFW can't access PSN and can only play online using Xlink Kai or XBS link with games that have a LAN option.

So people will still be able to pirate the games and play it, but they won't be able to play on PSN which has been the case with CFW for the last couple of months.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News