Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sony Comments on PS3 Firmware Updates, NXE and Hulu

Sponsored Links
    PCWorld had the opportunity to [Register or Login to view links] Sony's Director of Network Operations Eric Lempel to get answers to several topics including PS3 Firmware Updates, NXE and Hulu.

For the complete interview see the link above, but below are some excepts from it, as follows:

When asked why Sony doesn't provide more PS3 Firmware Update details on the PlayStation Blog, Lempel stated:

"Well basically in the updates that we do on the blog, it's really to tell consumers this is what you can do today with your PS3, or in the next few days when we release a firmware update.

It isn't about diving into the tech and letting them know six months from now you're going to see a game that may have better effects in a certain area because we've put this in such and such update. That's not as digestible for the majority of consumers. It just won't work."

When asked if Microsoft's NXE debut mimicked the PS3 XMB, he stated:

"You know, I didn't really think about it that way. I mean, I saw some comparisons when it came out, but that's very interesting that you say that. You know, hey, it's great, if they like our interface and want to copy it, as long as that's legal, sure. I don't really know how they go about making their plans or the strategy behind them, but if they've found that we're doing something right and they want to copy that, more power to them."

Finally, when asked his thoughts on Hulu (online video service) blocking PS3 users from watching videos in the browser, his response:

"If I speculate I might guess it's because they refined their list of supported browsers and we were a victim, or maybe they're intentionally blocking the PS3, but right now it doesn't work, and you'd really have to talk to Hulu about why that is.

We have an open browser, there's a ton of sites that do work, and it's compatible with other video streaming sites like YouTube and music streaming sites, so. But it's true, Hulu's not working right now and I'm not really sure why."

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links

Guess?

Sponsored Links
    It isn't about diving into the tech and letting them know six months from now you're going to see a game that may have better effects in a certain area because we've put this in such and such update. That's not as digestible for the majority of consumers. It just won't work."
    This hit me loud. The PHYSX on PS3 is coming soon (on games like mirror's edge and also future ones).

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News