Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sony CEO: PlayStation 3 Stock Shortages Are Possible This Year

Sponsored Links
    In an interview today, chief executive of Sony Computer Entertainment of America Jack Tretton said he expects the PS3 price cuts and lineup of popular games due ahead of the Christmas holiday will lift the entire video game industry, following some six months of sales declines.

However, he also noted that higher demand for the PlayStation 3 could leave some retailers out of stock.

To quote: "In a very difficult economy, I couldn't be more optimistic about our fortunes for the rest of the year and for the future," he said.

But he noted that higher demand for the PS3 could leave some retailers out of stock.

"If things continue at this pace, it is conceivable that there will be product shortages," Tretton said.

Sony CEO: PlayStation 3 Stock Shortages Are Possible This Year

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Or maybe they just wish for that and hope to create an early buying "panic" by claiming possible stock shortages ... :P

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandpaHomer View Post
    Or maybe they just wish for that and hope to create an early buying "panic" by claiming possible stock shortages ... :P
    My thoughts exactly.

Well it could happen as they sold 1,000,000 units already in just 3 weeks and if it keeps going the way it does it could be a good possibility that they could be short in time for the holidays.

Wink Lower price

The lower price got me to buy one.

Me too. Mainly the low price. Plus bluray is getting popular and less expensive now, plus more ppl having HDTV, plus 5.1, 7.1 audio system is not that expensive now... I would just say the technology (and people) are much more ready then when PS3 was first released.

Quote Originally Posted by silkweed View Post
    My thoughts exactly.
    I was thinking the exact same thing. But still I'm planning on buying the 250 GB this Dec. Hopefully it's available in Asia by that time.

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News