Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sony CEO Howard Stringer Scoffs at PS3 Price Cut Rumors

Sponsored Links
    Despite top industry sources reporting that a PS3 price drop is coming, Sony's CEO Howard Stringer continues to brush brushed off concerns that the PlayStation 3 video game console is too expensive.

To quote: Stringer described recent comments about PlayStation's price by Robert Kotick, the CEO of video game publisher Activision Blizzard Inc, as standard business tactics.

"He likes to make a lot of noise," Stringer said, when asked about the comments. "He's putting pressure on me and I'm putting pressure on him. That's the nature of business."

Last month, Kotick told the Times of London that Activision might cease developing games for the PlayStation if Sony did not cut the price of the console, which competes with Microsoft Corp's Xbox and Nintendo Co Ltd's Wii.

"When we look at 2010 and 2011, we might want to consider if we support the console," Kotick had said.

Asked about the logic of not cutting prices, Stringer said, "I (would) lose money on every PlayStation I make - how's that for logic."

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    Asked about the logic of not cutting prices, Stringer said, "I (would) lose money on every PlayStation I make - how's that for logic."
    Im sure that sony loses money now on every playstation sold, and its through software sales they recouperate that loss.
    Last edited by saviour07; 07-08-2009 at 05:14 PM

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    It's a shame that there not making price cuts, but if you actually look at the ps3 and its software line-up the ps3 is well worth every last cent.

I think the Ps3 doesn't need any cut price.. the price is decent

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News