Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Sony Boss Reveals Developers Will Help Build Next PlayStation

Sponsored Links
    In an interview with Develop-Online.net (linked above), SCE studio boss Shuhei Yoshida revealed that developers will be more integrated into their future hardware plans.

To quote: "So he wanted developers in meetings at the very beginning of concepting new hardware, and he demanded SCE people talk to us (developers)."

And when asked whether this change in philosophy will be applied to future PlayStation hardware, Yoshida replied: "Yes, we are undergoing many activities that we haven't yet been talking about in public. Some future platform related activities."

Yoshida also hinted that several activities are currently being worked on that are not public yet, to quote: "undergoing many activities that we haven't yet been talking about in public. Some future platform related activities."

Whether he is referring to the rumored PSP2 or an upcoming PS4, things will definitely be exciting for next-generation gamers.

Sony Boss Reveals Developers Will Help Build Next PlayStation

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i smell trouble. unless they only talk to sony exclusive developers their new technology will leak to the competition like it did with the cell processor development. let's hope they get it right this time in regards to security for their new technology. i'd hate to see sony fall behind two generations in a row.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i wouldn't say they fell behind this time... just took a long time for it to pick up, but yeah this will probably have leaking issues. If all goes well this is a pretty great idea because the developers will be able to understand the hardware before it is even released.

PS4? Not for, at least, 5 more years, I hope... With all the power and technology available, and the high price of games, developement etc., Sony and Xbox decided to upgrade their consoles with 'motion' hardwares, which is a very good choice and just keeps our consoles alive for more years to come, also offering a broader range of games (casual, hardcore, etc.).

PSP2, I hope! All the game exploits, lack of functionnalities, piracy... this killed the PSP. New hardware with better performance would be much appreciated. PSPGo = big flop. PSP1000, PSP2000, PSP3000 = almost all the same.

I hope they do it well now..

i bet the new psp will be as secure as the ps3 or even better, i geuss they learned their lesson! but to be honest with ya guys piracy didn't kill the psp it was the lack of good games. the ds is even easier than psp to hack but look at the succses it made.

Quote Originally Posted by daveribz View Post
    PS4? Not for, at least, 5 more years, I hope... With all the power and technology available, and the high price of games, developement etc., Sony and Xbox decided to upgrade their consoles with 'motion' hardwares, which is a very good choice and just keeps our consoles alive for more years to come, also offering a broader range of games (casual, hardcore, etc.).
    There have been numerous articles stating that current consoles can last for another 10 years because not only do we have the power, but we have internet + updates. Sony and MS can add new features like the motion controllers without purchasing additional hardware(well you have to for the motion controllers but other stuff can be updated without hardware.). By adding features they can extend the life adapting to new gaming trends, this couldnt happen with the ps2 or with the ps1.

In the past when you reached the limit of what the ps2 and ps1 where able to do and the features they packed didnt cut anymore you needed a new console like the ps2 that carried in a dvd player. But now with the power of updates and digital content who needs to upgrade the machine? we dont have a new standard like HD, only 3d tvs but even the ps3 with an update can handle that and the xbox said they can too, so why a new machine?

Besides MS and Sony lose money when they launch a new console, they start making money after a couple of years on games they sell, so the longer the console stays on the market the better for them and for us too if you think about it. Bring good games and updates thats the only thing we need.

If the developers get to know the hardware, it'll be like the 360, ie the graphics will get maxed out pretty quickly and so future development will be the same.

I like the fact that PS3 games are getting better every year. It would have sucked if they maxed the power of PS3 within the first year.

PS4 Under Development

Well check this out! Looks like we need to start saving!

[Register or Login to view links]

Sent from my X10mini using Tapatalk.

What ever made you think they weren't working on it? It'll still not be released for 3 years.

I hope it will end up being a bit longer than that, but if it's only 3 years from now then more power to Sony I guess.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News