Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Sony Blocks PS3 Proxy Methods, PS3 Firmware 3.42 Issues Arise

Sponsored Links
    A few days ago Sony released PS3 Firmware 3.42 which plugged the PS3 JailBreak exploit, and today they have blocked PlayStation 3 proxy connection methods amid reports of 3.42 update issues.

As of today, to connect to PSN and use your PS3 online users are required to update to Firmware version 3.42 rendering the PS3 Firmware Bypass and DNS methods useless.

Additionally, garyopa reports via [Register or Login to view links] that some users who updated to PS3 Firmware 3.42 are now experiencing various issues, to quote:

"There is numerous reports of 'Sound Problems,' they seem to be the biggest problem, with sound cutting in and out. Also reports of games like COD:MW2, Battlefield 2: Bad Company, Madden 2011 in crashing or not even loading at times.

Of course with every new firmware update, there is the series of reports of 'bricks,' the PS3 just looping, or frozen forever after the update."

Sony Blocks PS3 Proxy Methods, PS3 Firmware 3.42 Issues Arise

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links

Big Grin

Sponsored Links
    it seems they were so quick to try and block the exploit they screwed up a few things along with it lol

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Wish i had the cash to buy another ps3 but i don't right now, its looking like the only way to get on psn for now.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    there are always people reporting that there ps3 has been bricked after firmware updates but it can be understood with the ps3 having so many different hardware moddels its laways inevitable that there firmware wont work properly with all these hardware models.

and i would like to say i didn't see the firmware bypass block coming but sony has that down like the back of there hand now.

I for one will not update, I have been without PSN from the time they took OtherOS away so i have no reason as of now to get on PSN.

And i am sure sooner or latter Homebrew for X-link or PS3connect =P will come out soon then we can bypass PSN and play on some real servers. maybe even our own costume HOME lol etc etc, And with 3.42 having so many errors even if i did not care about homebrew i would not update, Just to risky.

I updated from 3.15 and to be honest... I rarely play online anyway. This time around... I'm not updating. My girl wants to play LBP online, so I guess I'll be buying another PS3 soon for online play lol.

LOL, we knew that one was coming.. hehe.. I wondered even why it would work altogether after the last time they blocked it..

ps3 proxy

When you say "All proxy methods" I am safe to assume logan tool doesn't work anymore either??...
    Last edited by junior2k9; 09-09-2010 at 07:29 PM Reason: misspell

Sony is only hurting themselves in the long run trying to combat piracy. The cat is out of the bag: The PS3 is finally hacked. No amount of updates or feature removals will stem the tide. Hackers, like life, will always find a way. And what Sony doesn't realize, that other companies like Adobe and Microsoft (for the most part) have, is that the harder they fight it and push us, the harder we will push back.

Its the proverbial fighting a knife with a gun, gun with a cannon, cannon with a missile, etc etc. If they'd just relax and let the relatively few pirates out there pirate a few games here and there, we'd ease up on trying to put the smackdown on them.

To any Sony representatives reading this, if you keep screwing with us... all I can say to you is, bring a lunch. You're gonna be here a while.

maybe with the ftp server for ps3 we can figure a way to spoof the firmware version... just a thought.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News