Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Sony Announces Surround Sound System for PlayStation 3

Sponsored Links
    As part of E3 2010, Sony has officially announced a Surround Sound System for the PlayStation 3 entertainment system which will be available in Japan on September 30, 2010.

The sound bar utilizes Sony's S-Force PRO Front Surround Sound to create rich, deep sounds without the expense of a full surround sound system.

Sony has revealed the device will cost $199, and the device includes two audio inputs: analogue and optical.

To quote: "Users will be able to enjoy immersive audio on the PlayStation 3 system, including upcoming games supporting PlayStation Move motion controllers, Blu-ray movies, as well as stereoscopic 3D content by simply placing the speaker in front of the television and connecting it to the PS3 system with the optical digital cable.

The Surround Sound System comes with two audio inputs ? an optical audio input for connecting high-end entertainment systems including PS3, and an analog audio input for connecting portable devices like the PSP® (PlayStation Portable) system to enjoy listening to music in the living room.

The form factor of the system features a sleek and casual design that matches perfectly with the PS3 system, and delivers dynamic sound without the physical space required by a traditional home theater system."

Sony Announces Surround Sound System for PlayStation 3

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    A bit pricey IMO You can get an "acceptable" amp + speakers for the same money.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Surround? 5.1 or 7.1? I only see one speaker... I heard something about Surround emulation or something... Need more info please ^^

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhinde View Post
    Surround? 5.1 or 7.1? I only see one speaker... I heard something about Surround emulation or something... Need more info please ^^
    If its just the single bar that is pictured then it will be 5.1 emulated, which is pretty useless, unless you don't have the money for a full system.

Quote Originally Posted by D3M0N2009 View Post
    If its just the single bar that is pictured then it will be 5.1 emulated, which is pretty useless, unless you don't have the money for a full system.
    I heard it should be pretty good from a hifi lover... Well, would have to hear it first!

Quote Originally Posted by Xhinde View Post
    These sound bars usually have up to 10 to 20 little speakers to bounce sound off of walls to emulate surround sound.

You're joking, right?

sigh... Who would rather have a puny "sound bar" over decent-sized speakers?

Give me bigger speakers, more speakers, and higher quality amps.

I should go show this to the pro hi-fi shop next door. He'll get a good laugh.

Can's see this really taking off. If you are looking for decent surrond sound (5.1 to 7.2), there are much better ways to get it. This won't be able to compete with proper Yamaha, Rotel, Onkyo, Denon, etc etc etc. If you want decent sound, save and get decent products.

SONY has really pissed me off...

They pump us up for PSP2, saying they are going to reveal new "hardware",
    and then they announce this piece of crap speaker ?!? wtf...

I have heard the sound quality on some of these sound bars at a walmart and it does sound really good but there really is no way of hearing the "simulated" because of the open space. I don't know if its $200 good, but it something to look into.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News