Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sony Announces Mobile Billing Now Available for PlayStation Store

Sponsored Links
    Sony Network Entertainment VP Eric Lempel announced today that Mobile Billing is now available for PlayStation Store.

Below are the details, to quote: Today, we unveiled a new feature that allows you to purchase content from PlayStation Store and across Sony Entertainment Network using a mobile phone account in the United States.

The new Mobile Billing feature makes it easier for you to purchase games, add-ons, movies, and TV shows, as well as subscriptions to Music Unlimited service.

You can add funds to your account through PlayStation Store on PS3, or [Register or Login to view links] at the Sony Entertainment Network [Register or Login to view links]. While on the Add Funds to wallet screen, you can choose "Use Mobile" as the payment option, enter your mobile phone number, and respond via SMS to confirm the wallet top-up.

* The wallet top-up charge will appear on your next mobile phone bill, or is debited against your pre-paid account.**

With an unprecedented amount of digital content now available across the network, and new and convenient ways to fund your account, this is another step to make it easier for you to get the latest games, movies, and more for your PS3, PS Vita, and PSP, all from PlayStation Store and Sony Entertainment Network online.

*Standard messaging rates apply.
    **Terms and conditions apply, which include those of Sony entities, third party service providers, and mobile phone companies. Pre-paid debit where applicable, please check with your carrier.

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Ah yes, creating the infrastructure ahead of time for the PS4's launch. I suppose this app will also allow you to remotely turn on the system and download/install the game so you can come straight home and dent the couch for a few hours.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    lol i hope i can use my us accounts to buy cheap games and play them on my aussie account still,like with ps3. didn't work like that on vita so its got me worried. i can't see them blocking account sharing though.

this mobile pay is quite good idea. man i want my ps4 now.. lol

Seems like an excellent way for your kids to slap their PSN purchases on your wireless family plan, since they don't have a credit card yet.

is this coming to uk accounts or just usa?

This is a great feature for sony to do but it is a shame that it is only usa at the moment.

A great feature that will allow 12 year olds with smartphones to blow up their parents credit card bill! Yay!

Lol.

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News