Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sony Announces Killzone 3 Helghast Edition for PlayStation 3

Sponsored Links
    Today Sony ANZ Content Services Manager Nino Kalogeropoulos has officially announced the Killzone 3 Helghast Edition for PlayStation 3.

To quote: While still riding high in the wake of the GT5 launch, Aussie PlayStation fans already have something else to be excited about... two epic [Register or Login to view links] retail editions have just been announced for the February 2011 launch of the game, and they look simply stunning.

Killzone 3 'Helghast Edition'

This pack* comes in a hand-decorated Helghast soldier's helmet and includes the "SteelBook" Collector's Edition with a PlayStation Network voucher code that:

- Unlocks all weapons and abilities for your first 24 hours of multiplayer gameplay.
    - Lets you rise through the ranks faster by earning experience points at twice the normal rate for your first 24 hours of multiplayer gameplay.
    - Gives you 3 unlock points to use on any weapon or ability you want.
    - Includes the Retro Map Pack - bringing two battlefields from Killzone 2 back into the fight.
    - Exclusive Killzone 3 dynamic theme.
    - Killzone 3 soundtrack.

Also includes:

- A 100-page hardbound Killzone 3 art book
    - An exclusive DC Unlimited Helghast scout figurine.

Killzone 3 'Collector's Edition'

This pack* comes in "SteelBook" packaging and includes a PlayStation Network voucher code that:

- Unlocks all weapons and abilities for your first 24 hours of multiplayer gameplay.
    - Lets you rise through the ranks faster by earning experience points at twice the normal rate for your first 24 hours of multiplayer gameplay.
    - Gives you 3 unlock points to use on any weapon or ability you want.
    - Includes the Retro Map Pack - bringing two battlefields from Killzone 2 back into the fight.
    - Exclusive Killzone 3 dynamic theme.
    - Killzone 3 soundtrack.

No doubts on which edition we'll be hanging for - the 'Helghast Edition' has already got a spot reserved on our collective bookshelves.

The included Helghast 'helmet' replica almost looks realistic enough to frag you in the back while you're not watching! In short - we want one. If you're a Killzone fan, we bet you'll want one too... pre-orders kick off in selected retailers today!

*Killzone 3 offers may vary between PAL territories; please enquire at retailers in your region and keep an eye on [Register or Login to view links] for details on exactly what will be available in each country.

Sony Announces Killzone 3 Helghast Edition for PlayStation 3

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Lets you rise through the ranks faster by earning experience points at twice the normal rate for your first 24 hours of multiplayer gameplay.
    THIS IS WHERE I PUKED !! I am not going to buy this sequel now, this is just ridiculous like when World of Warcraft decided to give "Recruit-a-friend" twice XP bonus- who on earth does that in RPG, the unwritten rules of RPGs, you don't just GIVE away XP points FFS (Indeed yes, this is an FPS, but when you gain XP online in FPS it's the same unwritten rule!) !!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Heard about this a little while ago and sure Helghast edition is cool, but the price is to high and the "helmet" looks to plastic for me to even consider buying it.

I am disappointed with the contents of the box, if I'm gonna throw up ~280 USD for this I want more than just an exp. booster and all weapons for 24hrs, a soundtrack and what I presume is really bad made figurine.

And "steelbook"...come on, that was cool 5 years ago, today it's dosen't feel exclusive at all.

Collectors editions today dosen't feel very exclusive and limited anymore. Back in the days when collectors editions started to show up they were really limited and hard to get, today you can just go into your local gamestore and reserve as many as you want or just look on e-Bay.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    This will ruin the online completely. They should've just unlocked all guns but double xp thats dumb they can't do both it will ruin the competitive balance FAIL.

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News