Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sony to Announce New PS3 Chassis Design at Gamescom 2011

Sponsored Links
    Although no PS3 price drop is planned for the event, today [Register or Login to view links] reports that Sony will be announcing a new PlayStation 3 chassis design at Gamescom which runs from August 17th to the 20th, 2011.

This is not to be confused with the recent PS3 model CECH-3001A/B that weighs in at 2.6kg down from 3.0kg and cuts power consumption from 230W to 200W.

While the upcoming PS3's functionality is said not to change, during a recent interview PlayStation India Country Manager Atindriya Bose stated that the new PS3 chassis design will feature a slightly different internal design.

To quote: "Any chance of a price drop on the PS3 soon?

As of now, no.

Gamescom, then?

(laughs) Well, if there was a price drop coming at Gamescom, I'd know. There is, however, a new PS3 chassis being discussed. A slightly different design, but from what I can tell, not much difference in functionality."

Sony to Announce New PS3 Chassis Design at Gamescom 2011

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    ylod prevention lol

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Not much difference in functionality?? Makes me wonder what they are removing now...

Quote Originally Posted by gilksy View Post
    ylod prevention lol
    Not to mention trying to make the jailbreaks more difficult if future keys are decoded and released. It would be nice if they would add SATA3 to it as I am tired of the slow drives!

Of course, I am sure the ultimate reason is they simply want to make more money. They will combine chips, drop parts to get the the same results with less overall cost on parts. By not dropping the prices, this means they make more money. This money can then be used to line their pocket books while they continue to screw with their customers.

Technology advances their bottom line.

Don't expect so much, like SATA3 or such things. It won't be happen, and if they do, you won't recognize that they changed it. It's just a new design, maybe nothing rough like the old one, and more sheer. But don't expect a new architecture of the whole PlayStation.

All it says is it'll have a "slightly different internal design", I'm sure it'll still look just like a slim from the outside.

+1 It will be EXACTLY the same PS3 Slim in terms of features and appearance. The only thing that will change is the internal design, which is another (better) way for Sony to prevent hacking of its PS3 consoles, besides software protection via forced firmware updates.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberfix View Post
    Not to mention trying to make the jailbreaks more difficult if future keys are decoded and released. It would be nice if they would add SATA3 to it as I am tired of the slow drives!

Of course, I am sure the ultimate reason is they simply want to make more money. They will combine chips, drop parts to get the the same results with less overall cost on parts. By not dropping the prices, this means they make more money. This money can then be used to line their pocket books while they continue to screw with their customers.

Technology advances their bottom line.
    Of course is for making more money. Do you think they work for free? Wake up.

yeah i'm sure its something like cheaper parts, or some fw block.. it's for making money and stopping piracy of course.. its not anything better for the consumer, except maybe stopping console failure or something!

1st there was fat, then came the slim, coming soon anorexic fart.. LOL

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News