Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Anyone know what types of copies this happens with? TS, R5, Screener, DVD Rips, or does it need to be an exact 1:1 copy. I've tried with AVI's of some newer cams and TS copies but did not get the playback error. Tried with a dvd rip of Clash of the Titans with no playback error.

Does it have to be a pre-release copy or some kind of workprint. DVD or BluRay Any ideas?

I stream all my media, but for the sake of other, I thought these questions might be important.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I store all my movies/tvshows/music on a external hard drive and just play it on the Ps3 from there. I have NEVER seen this before and I don't really see how it could detect this and stop it.

Also to everyone who says they like to make legal copies of your movies for when your on the road: If your lugging around your Ps3 to watch movies I don't think carrying around a little case with all your dvds would be such a big deal, if it is, I would recommend a DVD player with a USB port. A lot of the newer ones have it and they work great.

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris9092 View Post
    I store all my movies/tvshows/music on a external hard drive and just play it on the Ps3 from there. I have NEVER seen this before and I don't really see how it could detect this and stop it.

Also to everyone who says they like to make legal copies of your movies for when your on the road: If your lugging around your Ps3 to watch movies I don't think carrying around a little case with all your dvds would be such a big deal, if it is, I would recommend a DVD player with a USB port. A lot of the newer ones have it and they work great.
    it happens to audio from the theater so anything with cam audio or line audio so cams ts and anything like r5 ot tc that use in theater sound i've experienced 3 times and its a bummer.

it won't happen from dvd rips or pre release.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by jul644 View Post
    it happens to audio from the theater so anything with cam audio or line audio so cams ts and anything like r5 ot tc that use in theater sound i've experienced 3 times and its a bummer.

it won't happen from dvd rips or pre release.
    Why would you watch that crap quality anyway?

it can still be of excellent video quality (r5=dvd with russian audio) with line audio which is recorded at a theatre!

It never happened to me with fw 3.15 and i watch a lot of movies... via media server.

FYI, ciniavi was implemeted WAY before 3.41, i downloaded "the losers" about 3 months agi & the ciniavi warning popped up when trying to watch it...

many people hacked into ps3 and messed with it, is there nobody out there that could come up with some mod or some way to just remove cinavia or somehow block it from reading the audio? there has to be some way of going around this crap.

..ask Geohot? He'll fix you up. Just scramble around until Sony panics and removes the blu-ray player capability, or something like that - he'll get you a custom firmware..

No, it works by "detecting" unheard audio signals in a stream. So the drm isn't checking some database on the net, or anything like that - it just checks for the embedded cinavia sounds.

So.. basically, the way to circumvent it is to not use:
    1. screeners.
    2. rips from discs intended for pre-screening.
    and..
    3. never buy anything that use cinavia drm, and send dead horse's heads to any publisher who will make movies you buy have the scheme.
    as well as..
    4. sell your ps3 when that happens, and you cannot copy your own dvds any more.

..on the other hand, you could just.. not burn the thing to a dvd, and just watch it from the rip, I guess.

Even so - Sony can go screw themselves. You know what this drm is intended to control? Their own paid folks in Q&A who push the movies out on torrents before the release date. And who pays for this drm? The DRM that prevents you from using your ps3 as you expect any other player to work? We do. And the result is: I use something else for playback, just to make sure I'm not going to get one of my own copies, or something I borrow from a friend, suddenly not working on me.

So loss for Sony, and loss for Sony.

Incidentally - where is the Kurozuka blu-ray I wanted to buy? Nowhere. It's not getting released after all. So where do you think I will get this? Take a guess.

only movies i've seen having this protection are the vids realeased by the studios them self's (ie the copy of "the losers" i dl'ed) the studio was a tracker for the torrent along with a few other people (not noirmal people , but agencies" )

i don't know why people think the recorded vids from theaters have the cinavia in it... the audio flag is a digital water mark of som sort, its not anything you can hear... its embedded in the audio... i was able to play "the losers" on a different machine & i recorded the audio with a rec. prog, & then stripped the old outa the vid file & put the new one in.

and guess what, the movie plays on my ps3 now...

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News