Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    It's about time, I don't mind the piracy but if you want to play online buy the game.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Whoa whoa, okay I understood the risks when I used Ubuntu + Charles to bypass the PSN.

But banning your ID? Man, I sure hope thats not true. I have over $200 worth of stuff in there. Hell, I only did it in order to download Explodemon.

Oh boy, news is going to heat up in the next few days.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    8002A227 error - looks like a 30 day ban. Think I can live with that.

So when you log on it indicates the length of the ban time?

pretty sure a ban will come with a ban message like the other bans before. not an error code, probably something wrong with your setup.

Also that and in the press release they said its a permaban.

Obtaining, and keeping credit card information without proper authorization, even when not accessing or using said information.

Especially in a non-encrypted digital format is a FEDRAL OFFENSE. If they do indeed keep this info, they are basically doin the same as a person goin thru trash and getting carbon copy reciepts from the day when a person used to have to do the impression thingie.

They should have to have authorization from the user.

I was told that usb updates were taken out in firmware 3.56 and later. (cannot confirm)
    Subject
    When i purchase the PS3 from Walmart, BestBuy, etc, is the system mine?

Discussion Thread
    Response Via Email (Jeannette P.) 02/12/2011 05:22 PM
    Hello Tobby,

Thanks for writing with your purchase question. If you purchase a PlayStation®3 system from any retailer, it is in fact your system. If you have any other questions feel free to contact me.

Regards,
    Jeannette P.
    Last edited by Kondor1; 02-16-2011 at 05:45 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

This makes me sad The only reason I sign into PSN is to update my trophy data so I can compare with my best friend.

If anyone is working on a custom PSN, please include trophies. They are the only reason I play some games. Trying to get a platinum in Force Unleashed right now and beating it on sith master was a huge pain in the ass. Would hate to see the accomplishment go to waste.

Banned User
    Does that mean if you get banned you just flash the latest OFW and it will be unbanned?

umm... Sony's retailers are not responsible for clicking accept for you and charging you for it? Excuse me? No EULA before purchase, no EULA after they set it up for you, no EULA when they setup PSN for you. Should I sue Best Buy for screwing me out of my EULA information they did NOT give me?

oh i have emails stating from sony that ownership is transferred during purchase (although no EULA is handed to you before opening the box and incurring no return/maybe restocking fees). I have emails stating that OTHEROS is not listed as a removal feature in ANY FW, other than 3.21, and if you aren't on sony's mailing list... too durn bad, you should have known even though you were not notified.

If you skip from 2.76 to 3.56, oh well, you should guess what's been added/removed without being told. I really would LOVE to give these to Geo's lawyers as evidence if i could. here is a sample below of one.
    Response Via Email (Sarah E.) 02/08/2011 03:16 PM
    Hello Tobby,

Thank you for contacting us regarding the EULA , restocking fees, and offline gaming on your PlayStation(R)3 computer entertainment system. First, you purchased the PlayStation 3 and if you allow someone other than yourself to accept the Terms and Conditions for you, then you are still bound by the EULA. Second, If you open the box and do not accept the EULA and want to return the PlayStation 3 it would be up to the retailers policy as to the restocking fees. Third, if you do not wish to accept the EULA you can still play games offline as long as they do not require an update. If the game requires an update you may be asked to accept the EULA at the time of the update.

I hope this information has been helpful. I would like to thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. If you have any further questions and/or concerns regarding this or any other issue you may have with any PlayStation®product please, email us again.

Regards,
    Sarah E.
    Auto-Response 02/08/2011 06:13 AM
    Thank you for contacting Sony Computer Entertainment America, LLC (SCEA).

You have received this auto-acknowledgement to confirm that we received your message. We will respond to your message within 24 - 48 hours. For immediate online support, please visit our PlayStation Knowledge Center at [Register or Login to view links] 24 hours a day.

Thank you for your patience.

SCEA Consumer Services

Customer By Web Form 02/08/2011 06:13 AM
    If i purchase a new ps3 from bestbuy. Have them bring it out and setup the system via thier optional plan. If they clicked through all the EULA. Since i dont get a chance to agree or accept it, am i bound to the EULA. I figured I would ask since they are a Sony Licensed reseller of yours. Oh ..and if someone opens the box, doesnt accept, are they subject to the restocking fees? Must you have the newest firmware to play the newest games offline?

Sponsored Links

Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News